UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10

Depends if I get Sammy's xfer case re-gear and the locker in. I'm STILL waiting on the install instructions for the xfer case. Got the new gear finally, but they forgot the installation instructions. (Not that I really need them for the install, but I do need them for the tolerances.) :rolleyes: . If I do make it, it will probably only be for Saturday at Paragon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cj, I thought I was having problems with my Tcase but it turned out it just needed a fluid change...the 2wd saved my butt when I had my little donut incident coming home from Shaun's house; had it been in AWD I highly doubt I'd be sitting here!

Fug, we're entitled to a campground space with admission? How does that work? Just for Red Ridge or does that go for the other campground too? I'll be there, although I have no idea what I'll be driving by that point, lol.

Jeff, just guess at the proper install techniques like the rest of us :D Sorry I couldn't make it down to Bethany Beach to visit with you guys...my grampa had a stroke and I couldn't get ahold of you (I did try 3 times!) Get sunburned? ;) Hope Y'all had a blast....

You still have to pay for red ridge seperately but it says on rausch creeks website that you get a camp ground with admission into the park and im not quite sure how that works so i'll probably give them a call and find out.

I want to go to this, hopefully i can get some $$$ together to fix some isht and I'll be there, probally my last 4x4 trip in the NE for a while.

is karol gonna be there? i'd love to check out the snorkel install.

jeff, hope you can make it, i'd love to show you your engine in my truck now. you havent seen it since i put it in last summer

I beleive Karol is going to try and make it out. check out Dasfrem's truck , he has a pretty nice snorkle on his as well. He is hopefully gonna make it out for this as well.

Don't know if Karol's truck will be ready in time. We found out why the axle broke. The cv joint is binding very badly when the suspension droops. I think it bound up and the torque snapped the axle. It won't be ready until a new half shaft is installed and the truck is aligned.

Anyone got a passenger's side half shaft assembly in good shape they want to get rid of???

I Just Registered

I'll be at Paragon on Saturday.

Bring It Awn :D

Gerald you're gonna make it out for this one? Cool. :)
Jeff, I have halfshafts off of my old truck if you need them.

The registration didn't give me anything - how much am I spending? Where's camping? What do I do? Etc?

Doug, if you've got a LEFT front axleshaft, I'll buy it from you for a spare (Ray Lobato grenaded his on the Rubicon and took my spare). How much?

I have a left shaft as well. If you're only wheeling saturday camping will be at Red Ridge camp ground and the cost is 10 dollars a night, it costs 35 dollars to get into paragon but i think the entrance fee might be discounted since this is a charity ride. The last charity ride i went on it was $15 to get into paragon and then i donated 20 to the charity that was there. I plan on getting up there friday afternoon and heading to the camp ground. Is 100 reasonable for the axle shaft? if not make me an offer.

I'll be driving all night Friday nite to get there, so we will be wheeling Saturday and camping Saturday night, not Friday. Is it still at the same campground on Saturday?
I don't know if $100 is reasonable or not; Ray has to pay me back. I'll PM him and ask :) I can get one for $95, so how's $95 sound if Ray goes for it?

$95 sounds good to me. Saturday night we'll be camping @ Rausch Creek. Though you get a campsite with admission into the park so i'm not sure how much its going to cost of you're not wheeling. I still have to call them up and find out the details on how that all works.

doug, I'm in, definately, for at least one day, probably saturday, I'll try for the whole w/e, but we'll see

*Still thinks Gerald is crazy* In case Fug's posts didn't make it clear enough:

Friday night: camping @ Red Ridge
Saturday day: Wheeling at Paragon
Saturday night: drive to Roush creek (roughly an hour
away) camp there
Sunday day: wheeling at Roush creek

Doug, do you know where Roush creek's campground is? Think you could post a map or some directions for everybody?

Oh and btw, that weekend is Doug's 21st Bday, so if you wanna swat him 21 times or buy him a beer, feel free :D

this weekend huh? try next tuesday the 5th tunabreath. :)

Originally posted by Spas

Friday night: camping @ Red Ridge ..edit: and heavy intoxication
Saturday day: Wheeling at Paragon ..edit: and recovering from heavy intoxication
Saturday night: drive to Roush creek (roughly an hour
away) camp there ..edit: and drink more heavily then the previous night to make up for being hungover at Paragon.
Sunday day: wheeling at Roush creek ..edit: and leaving early so "somone" dont wreck their truck.

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beat me, whip me, make me feel good!!! :p :D :p :D

Back