UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10

uhm.....they have S&M clubs for that kinda thing Lizard lips....this is a club for Explorer owners, maybe you should check which site you're on before you post :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Spas
uhm.....they have S&M clubs for that kinda thing Lizard lips....this is a club for Explorer owners, maybe you should check which site you're on before you post :D

I see somebody else who needs to be smacked too....

HA!!! this aint the lizard abuse forum either Spasy

Woah hey woah this is a family oriented thing! Instead of getting "heavily intoxicated" we will be "enjoying beverages of a refreshing nature." And there will be no "recovering from heavy intoxication" but there shall be "enjoying nature through the pain of a splitting headache." :D

HA!!! this aint the lizard abuse forum either Spasy

There's a Forum for that?!?! WHERE?????

Stop calling me Spasy unless you want me to start calling you Liz :D

Well, Sammy is now locked and geared, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I can now put it in 5th gear at 10 mph in 4lo. In 1st gear idling, the brakes can hardly stop it from moving. Redline in 1st is about 1.5 mph. The overall reduction on this bugger is now 55:1 in 4lo, 1st gear.

I think we'll be ready for Paragon on the 9th.

Originally posted by Doug
Woah hey woah this is a family oriented thing! Instead of getting "heavily intoxicated" we will be "enjoying beverages of a refreshing nature." And there will be no "recovering from heavy intoxication" but there shall be "enjoying nature through the pain of a splitting headache." :D
Much better way to rephrase that Doug, seeing as some members can't control themselves

Jeff, what kind of lockers are you running in the toy now? I hope we don't have to load it up in my truck like I seem to have to do to dirtbikes out in Mahwah:p

Much better way to rephrase that Doug, seeing as some members can't control themselves

Why i would have no idea of who or what you are talking about. :D Though in all fairness to said people we've never had any one get distruptive.

Okay, so how's this work? I read where we need groups of at least three and I have to buy or rent some orange flag thingy? Who's going for sure and will any of the group being doing some runs that are more on the "interesting" side of moderate-difficult rather than stock runs?

Or are the Keystone Krawlers going to be coordinating trailbosses and leading the runs, and we join them?

What's all those trail ratings and where are the ratings explained? Is a Blue 3 tougher than a Blue 1, or is it the other way around? What makes a Black trail tough enough to be rated black? To those who go there often, what are the fun trails that you enjoy? Blah Blah etc?

And Spas, I told you I would try to make it out sometime soon. SC-PA isn't crazy. SC-Rubicon, that was crazy :)

Originally posted by Muskrat
Jeff, what kind of lockers are you running in the toy now?....
I'm running a Powertrax in the rear right now. I might lock the front at a later date, but you have to beef up the steering knuckles to do that. Apparently the Zuki's are know to blow out the birfield joints if you don't put tougher cups in once a locker is in the front.

Originally posted by GJarrett
Okay, so how's this work? I read where we need groups of at least three and I have to buy or rent some orange flag thingy? Who's going for sure and will any of the group being doing some runs that are more on the "interesting" side of moderate-difficult rather than stock runs?

Or are the Keystone Krawlers going to be coordinating trailbosses and leading the runs, and we join them?

What's all those trail ratings and where are the ratings explained? Is a Blue 3 tougher than a Blue 1, or is it the other way around? What makes a Black trail tough enough to be rated black? To those who go there often, what are the fun trails that you enjoy? Blah Blah etc?

And Spas, I told you I would try to make it out sometime soon. SC-PA isn't crazy. SC-Rubicon, that was crazy :)

The Keystone Crawlers are sponsoring it but this is a monthly ride @ paragon so there will be groups of different levels going out. the ratings are green 1-3 blue 1-3, black 1-3 and red. I'm always up for hitting the harder stuff but it all depends on who goes and who wants to do what. I don't know what every one else wants to do but we can either split up or all stay in one group. Gerald, i don't know what your preferences are but i'd imagine you'd be able to do blue 3's - black 1s and maybe a black 2. the hardest trail i've run @ paragon is a black one. You have to purchase an organe paragon flag, they're 3 dollars and you can mount them on your CB antenna. The 3 truck minimum is for groups that goto paragon on a non monthly ride, we wont have to worry about that this weekend. The differences between trails is pretty substancial. a black trail is going to have alot more obsticals than say a green trail. I hope that answers all your questions. :)

Apparently there's a monthly ride at Paragon the 2nd and 3rd of August. Is anyone going to that? I'm gonna be up there picking up a spare tire and might screw around there too.

Ben

I am hoping to make it out for this one but like normal I will need a seat in someones truck

I'm gonna be up there picking up a spare tire and might screw around there too.

Hey now, none of that in the park :D Get a room for that kinda thing, dude! ;)

I am hoping to make it out for this one but like normal I will need a seat in someones truck

Not if I beat you to it :D

Gerald, you're still crazy man.... Next thing you know we're gonna have to be making our way out to Moab for a run ;)

Thanks for the info. I'd like to ride with the group, but if I go that far I'd also like to do something besides a stocker run. Maybe ride as a group in the morning on an easier trail and split up for the afternoon or something, I don't know, just thinking aloud.

I was not planning to run Sunday because of the long drive back, but maybe I could run Sunday morning and leave midday or something.

They're not gonna let us split up part way through the day, they're gonna want all the groups to stay together. What we could do is hit some harder trails on saturday and then stick together as a group on sunday. I generally like to hit easier trails on sunday so i have less of a chance of busting something. Also I found out that Rousch Creeks camping is best described as "primitve." Aparently there are no showers or anything like that. It wouldnt really bother me to stay there but if any one would like to stay at a more luxorious campground speak up. :)

I'm looking for the tougher trails too, now that Sammy is geared and locked. Lets see what the little bugger can do :D

That works for me on Saturday; I looked at the sigs/links of those who've responded to this thread and most can take on something more than a stocker trail.

As for camping, I'll be driving all night Friday night and wheeling all day Saturday on little/no sleep. I'm gonna want a shower. Can we call the campground and find out? Primitive is fine; there's lots of campgrounds with primitive tent sites without power or water, but they still have showers in camp somewhere.

Or I can always shower at a truck stop or something after Paragon and before Rausch Creek. Don't worry about me; I'll just show up wherever ya'll go to.

i'm down for wahtever...i want to see what my 33's as opposed to my old 32's can handle anyway.

I'm out for Saturday, See y'all at RC, I can't hit any hard core trails anyway, have a blast guys, hope to meet a few new faces on Saturday night camping, and Sunday wheeling:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess the best thing would be for everyone who is going to state what they're comfortable running, I know Gerald, Chris, Jeff, Matt and I are up for just about anything but i dunno about the rest of you so speak up! :) Also i'll find out what other campgrounds are around rausch creek.

Back