supercharger 5.0 awd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

supercharger 5.0 awd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

explorer express has an Eaton supercharger kit.
Powerdyne I think it is also has a kit...do a search for either and you should get all the info you need

Our X-Charger is an Eaton based supercharger kit for the 5.0 X. It is a complete kit that is smog legal & comes with everything required to install it. It offers great low end boost & works great on a stock engine.

www.explorerexpress.com

Attachments

• x-charger 5.0 web.jpg
    x-charger 5.0 web.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,906

what are your ultimant goals for you truck. some blowers will suit your needs better then others.

What can I expect out of a 6lb powerdyne kit? Would I need to change injectors to move to 9lb?

I'm not seeing anything for a '96 X 4.0L either... :banghead: waaaaaaaaaaah.

I want to get into the 14 second range, even high 14's. right now i am running 16.92 in the quarter, with a mac intake and a superchips programmer. I do drive my truck everyday.Other then those things it remains stock for now. I don't think i'll get into 14's just with a supercharger but i do plan on doing other things. I am putting custom exhaust on as soon as i have the time to take my x in to have it done. magnaflow muffler and 3" out the back, also i am going to put my fms e303 cam in when i get the 1.7 rockers.

Ecam with 8psi of boost and a tune should get you a 14.99999:D right now you need exhaust- the stock catback is really weak.

Hey JOHN V,

Is it true that your SC kit won't work with some 97 model year X's with the V-8? I have a 97 V-8 with the EGR set up. My wife and I would love a S/C.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
damn, talk about a cool wife.

She would rather put the money into the house but there is a twinkle in her eyes everytime I bring it up!

If your 97 V8 Explorer had the external EGR set up, our kit will install easily. If you have an internal EGR, you will have to convert it. Check your passenger side exhaust manifold, look for the tube that goes up to the EGR valve. If you have it, MORE POWER can be your easily. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

John V. 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

Originally posted by JOHN V.
If your 97 V8 Explorer had the external EGR set up, our kit will install easily. If you have an internal EGR, you will have to convert it. Check your passenger side exhaust manifold, look for the tube that goes up to the EGR valve. If you have it, MORE POWER can be your easily. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

John V. 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

I will check that out, thank you! If all is a go I might be ordering one here soon.

Back