Anyone with a Powerdyn supercharged 5.0 have 1/4 mile times? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with a Powerdyn supercharged 5.0 have 1/4 mile times?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rocket 5979 said:
You planning on running a little bitof alcohol with that water? It will net you a little more power. Being that it evaporates at a lower temperature, it also cools better than water too while still acting as a fuel.

yes, a 50/50 mix...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rocket 5979 said:
You got that right! The pictures provided, were worthless! I had to just sit there for a while with the parts in my hands after tearing my engine bay apart and look to see how things really went! Plan for extending the wiring, plan for not recieving the fan wrenches(I didnt), go to Auto Zone and just borrow them, plan on your alternator brackets to be messed up, plan on getting a different length serpentine belt than what comes with the kit, planon having to really work with the front left hose going around the supercharger bracketry and into the water pump. Like Beau said, take the radiator out. I pretty much took the whole front end off because I hate so much to work in tight areas. Once you get good at it you will be able to do it all pretty quickly. Onething you can choose to worry about or not is that your A/C lines go through your radiator too so when you loosen them they will be spewing alot of nice green stuff(refrigerant) which is illegal to do(blahblahblah). If your installing the XB-1A head unit instead of the BD-11 head unit then you will have a really fun time (pain in the arse!!!) tapping the oil pan while not getting shavings into it. I suggest an oil change right after doing this just to be safe. I used thick white grease and stuck mostof the shavings to the tap flutes. You will then have to pull the oil pressure sensing unit and install an extension and a tee off of it to run your oil line to the XB-1A. Make sure you got this right and damn good and sealed! If it leaks it will cost you a total re-tear down(it was not fun). If you dont have an XB head unit, which I sense that 98% of people doing this install will not, then disregard those pointers. Bottom line is that like Beau said, the instructions suck!!! I actually wrote Powerdyne of this and even included my revisions to their instructions and more detailed pictures of what was needed to be seen and never got any reply. I guess they didnt like someone hitting on their terrible instructions. Good luck.

everything you are saying is coming true, kinda scary...do still have the pictures and revision to their instructions...part of the problem i am dealing with now is that they did not send the right length bolts for the brackets... :fire:

96Saleen said:
everything you are saying is coming true, kinda scary...do still have the pictures and revision to their instructions...part of the problem i am dealing with now is that they did not send the right length bolts for the brackets... :fire:

Well one thing you can do is if it is the bolts for the alternator bracket, then I just took alot of washers and spaced the bolt head off of the bracket until it was able to tighten onto them. Long term I would have just went to the hardware store with my too long bolt in hand and a measurement of what I really needed and then got the right length bolts. Same thing goes for the charger bracket bolts. I however, would recommend that you don’t just space the heads out with washers if they are too long. I would take some measurements if I were you and then just go to the hardware store and get some brand new perfect length bolts. When I was in the process of my installation, I went to and from the hardware and local auto parts stores close to 10 times. Anything from belt swaps, bolt swaps, rewiring equipment for the alt, pipe fittings for the oil lines, fan wrench and so on. Looking back on it I had a blast, but I was somewhat apprehensive at first due to all of the hurdles I encountered. Make sure that when you go to tighten your serpentine belt back down after the install that you really crank down on it. On mine there was a bolt in the way in the back of the swing down tensioner. I clearanced that and was able to really crank the tensioner down and stop the squealing from the serp belt. I should still have the pictures somewhere, but they are on my other computer, which I am about 10,000 miles away from right now.

Back