Digger's Explorer saved his life | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digger's Explorer saved his life

Well today my X was totalled. I have some pictures as well. The guy that caused the accident ran a red light and hit the driver side. Then pushed the X over to the curb and that's when the X went 1/2 on to is side when it hit a metal traffic light pole that smashed in the roof. the rear drive shaft ripped out, none of the doors close and some don't open. If i had a passenger they would have been killed. I escaped with a messed up sholdier but should be fine. If you have questions ask me. On to the pictures......
881811-med.jpg

88189-med.jpg

88188-med.jpg

88187-med.jpg

88186-med.jpg

88185-med.jpg

881841-med.jpg

881831.jpg

881821.jpg

881811-med.jpg

As a side note this was on Sat. The perfect night with this hot girl! :)
8818Caroline_and_the_Stool_4_edited.jpg

8818Dave_Caroline_Funny_1_edited-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn Dave.. Atleast your pretty much unscaved except for the shoulder.. I'm afraid to ask what the other guy looked like..

Holey toleto . The whole thing is Warped!!!!! What hit you??? A semi?! Are you getting anouther explorer? Gunna part anything out?

WOW Digger, Im sorry to see that but at least your not hurt. You must have been pushed pretty damn hard into that pole for it to do that much damage.

Davo, I'm very very sorry to hear and see what happened. I've been through that before with my Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Limited a few years ago. I had the most fun with that truck. But the most important thing is that you are alive and talking to me right now. Things can be replaced (you've already had plans too...) but a life cannot.

So...anything I can buy off of?? ;)

Ouch! I'm extremly sorry to hear/see that, and I know how you feel with no explorer anymore! :(

Hopefully you will get to replace it with something good soon! You know you are so lucky that all of those possible "ifs" didn't happen, like you didn't have a passenger and you were not doing anything wrong.

Sucks you have a hurt shoulder, but look at your truck! It could have been so much worse!

Best of luck
----Nate

dibbs on the partially bent roof rack :D

You guys are all freaking vultures, trying to pick his damn Explorer clean already, give the damn kid a break he just almost died.

So what kind of accessories didnt get messed up in the wreck???

Wow David I'm really sorry to hear that. Glad that you are ok though. I really liked your X too. You plan on getting another X?

I think i see some very useable Windsheild wipers and those tires look unscathed...heck you could just pound out those dents and she'd be a keeper..Theres nothing here for us

man that sucks! glad to see you are ok....
poor truck! is it still in deliberation to who's fualt it is? if its clearly his fualt, i say get what you can out of it!

I can't get any parts. all my acesories i took off already to be put on the new truck. I'm really likeing getting a wrangler. lift it and such. it was a roll cage witch i need to feel safe now. i'll still have my first love of the X's

You can get anything as long as you replace it.. Find some stock tires and switch them with the ones on the truck if you want them..

the wreck was his. he ran the red light and cause me to total my X. as for what wasn't hurt, i got my K&N out, XM radio, HU, Hi-Lift, 2 Hella 500 lights, CB antenna. Everything else was a gone!

Blee1099 said:
You can get anything as long as you replace it.. Find some stock tires and switch them with the ones on the truck if you want them..

that's what we are going to do.

are you sure about that? maybe he said you ran the red and it was green... you have to be careful

i belonged to jeep boards while building explrcnvrtbl... JEEP ROLLCAGES ARE CRAP!!!! THEY ARE SHOWBARS!!!! There was a thread where a member was in a coma becuase his truck rolled on the freeway... his SHOWBAR caved in just like the roof of any other rolled vehicle... you must remember that the wranglers dont have strong a/b/c pillars like a conventional SUV

thanks for that awesome info Jim. Then i wilol have to get one made for me. The guy got the ticket for running the red and he was mad as hell. The police told me dad that it was his folt and not for me to worry. So that was a releaf.

Dude that sucks, Glad to see your alright!. How fast was he going when he hit you?DId u have full coverage on the X? If you dont mind me asking, how much is the insurance company going to give you for the X?

yo digger get your brush gaurd, wheels and tires, ill come home and get em from you and pay you well for them. If you want your twin explorer that i built ill sell it to you for cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chad isnt your truck still a little wet:D

Back