Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. The Lt.

O/D will not "turn off"

when I push the button on the end of the gear selector it does not come out of over drive? Could it be something simple that I just dont know about? Thanks Dan
  2. The Lt.

Going to be pulling a camper...

I do not know alot about how much my truck can pull. So I am wondering if I am going to have problem pulling a 33' camper. I guess this thing has all the features of home so I am sure that there is going to be a little weight there. I think that it would be ok but I am not for sure...So I...
  3. The Lt.

What kind of oil do you use?

I am not sure if this is in the right section but if so....as it says...what kind di you run? I put in Mobil 1 Full Syn. in. The only reason is because my brother kept it in there when he gave it to me. I have been considering switching it to Royal Purple. Dan
  4. The Lt.

91 Expo 4 wheel not disengaging

Surly a few good suggestions...we are going to have to take a look into them...I will let everyone know how all that go's. Dan
  5. The Lt.

Did not work...any other ideas?
  6. The Lt.

ok i am going to go and try this...
  7. The Lt.

Andy96XLT

I got the package right after I sent payment...Plus he threw in a extra badge...HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SELLER Super fast! Dan
  8. The Lt.

Well I will try to make this short...maybe somone can help me out... We locked the hubs in then hit the 4x4 button...all good. Went through a little mud got stuck pulled it out...all good Hit the 4x4 button to go back to 2 high...not all good It will not unlock. We unlock the hubs and it...
  9. The Lt.

03 X in Michigan

Welcome I to am from Michigan. Where about you from? Dan
  10. The Lt.

Hitch Compatibly

Well honestly for trying to save it once we seen it in person I do not think that we are going to try..I think that we are just going to have it for a beater and trail ride it and just all and all have a good time with it. As for the hitch...well that is coming with me and going to be put on my...
  11. The Lt.

[March-14] Audio Meet/Build/Install/Off Roading/Getting Muddy in Holland

Well as it says I am having a few friend over at my house here on the west side of the state for a few people that want to get some audio equiptment installed. I am also going to have a few 4WD friends over to. we thought that after all the audio things were done we would hit the trails. There...
  12. The Lt.

Hitch Compatibly

As for the hitch...it will be going on my 98. I am going to have it sandblasted and powdered. I think that it will look good. We are also going to be buying and receiving the truck this Wed. We took a ride in it and was instantly sold. Runs like a top. When we get it I will post a few pictures. Dan
  13. The Lt.

Hitch Compatibly

I put a add up on craigs list looking to buy a hitch for my 98XLT. A guy sent me a email saying that I could have his off his truck for $35 or the entire truck for $250. It is a 91 with a 5 speed. He said the truck runs great drives great and the 4WD works great. The only thing is is when you...
  14. The Lt.

Redline Tuning Hood Quicklift for 2nd Gen-FREE (Michigan residents look)

"Ann Arbor, Michigan area." I see now...I might have to head over that way I have a few friends out there. Dan
  15. The Lt.

I see now...maybe I overlooked it where do I take my truck? :)
  16. The Lt.

Ok I am not going to lie...I do not get it. I have a 98 and my shocks are shot. I need something new...how do I get them free? Dan
  17. The Lt.

Ball on bumper

Well as it says I got my friends Blazer to tow it and I do finally get to pull something with my expo....the empty dolly back to the rental place! LOL Thanks guys for all the help and the quick reply's. Dan
  18. The Lt.

Ball on bumper

About 100 miles and a 4 door Grand Prix so I think that this will be a :nono: Dan
  19. The Lt.

Ball on bumper

I have found one it is $75 and the guy said it was negotiable...(I would have paid that) I think that I am going to offer him $50:) But the reason that I ask is because I need something moved TODAY and I thought that might be able to do it my self...I am glad that I asked here. I have a...
  20. The Lt.

Ball on bumper

I was wondering if I could pull a car dolly with the ball that is on the bumper. I know that a tow dolly does not have a very high tongue weight, as most of the weight is on the wheels of the dolly. I just want to be safe and not have it rip off my bumper. TIA Dan
  21. The Lt.

The Lt.'s 98 XLT **Pictures are up check it out**

Here it is...98 Expo XLT AWD. 5.0 V8 Tell me what you think... It came with 2 full sets of Alpine Type R Components. One set in the front doors and one in the rear's. And a Kenwood 400watt amp pushing them. I am going to be replacing it with my big Rockford 4 chan. I...
  22. The Lt.

White face gauges...

Thanks...I really like the one that was in that link...BAD ASS Dan
  23. The Lt.

White face gauges...

Are these worth the $18? If so how hard are they to install? http://tinyurl.com/dyoyol TIA Dan
  24. The Lt.

What does everyone think of these:

I have always liked them and think that I have a good shot at getting them. I am up for constructive criticism. The place that is selling them is asking $1600 for all 4 in perfect shape with BRAND NEW TIRES mounted balanced and installed. They are called the...Arelli Assassin. I am looking all...
  25. The Lt.

The Lt.'s 98 XLT **Pictures are up check it out**

Well for starters I guess that I will mention something about the audio set up and what I have planed. I am currently running: Kenwood eXcelon head unit High's Kenwood 400X4 Amplifier (came with the truck) (Front Doors) Alpine Type R Component Set (came with the truck) (Rear Doors) Alpine...
Back