Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Parting out 2003 Explorer 4dr 2wd XLT

I am interested in the rear diff cover. Price please?
  2. G

parting out 3rd gen 2002-2005 explorer

If chakaD doesn't need the cover or doesn't buy the diffs at all, I am looking for a rear diff cover.
  3. G

gumby's ebay find

update time! i put a roush airbox on the truck a few weeks back. it is nice, and got me a pretty consistent 1mpg gain. i had to mod it to fit the larger MAF housing on my 5.0 no installed pics, but it looks like everyone elses roush airbox :p: and since no one seems...
  4. G

SLA D35 carrier break?

everything i have found says the carrier break in the jeep D35 rear, the source of the gears i want, is 3.31 i havent found anyone who makes a "thin" 3.07, why would they? and i havent found anyone who makes a carrier for the SLA D35 to fit 3.31 and down gears, again, why would they? so it...
  5. G

SLA D35 carrier break?

the M5od-R2 is geared very low compared to the 4r70W. R2: 1st(3.91) and OD(0.8) 4r: 1st(2.84) and OD(0.7) 3.08's will give me a LOWER first gear than my current 4.10's and a HIGHER od than the stock 3.73's!
  6. G

SLA D35 carrier break?

i am workin on a project that is gonna involve 3.08's in a SLA D35. i have found ALOT of conflicting information on D35 carrier breaks mostly stemming from the fact that there are so many variations and applications of it. i found this post...
  7. G

TT/Blocks whats the concensus

considering its a lowered 4wd suspension and it just not low enough, my TT/block setup is sufficient. it helps that i also raised the spring rates to compensate for the reduced available up travel. my mounty was spring code BF with sagged leafs. when i removed the torsion bolts i installed #1...
  8. G

finally found a "CAI" i like

1.6's and TMHs are both on my list already. the 1.6 will fit under the stock rocker covers, right? i just gotta justify the $$ on my DD vs. upgrading my car :confused:
  9. G

1.6 ratio? cam swap?
  10. G

that doesnt surprise me too much. ive seen quite a few modded combos that could pull down equal or better mpg than stock. same question to you, AWD or 2wd? im hopin to get mine up in the 18-20 range eventually... the airbox is on, but i forgot to take the camera to work so ill hafta grab some...
  11. G

are you AWD or 2wd? i guess i could have included my mpg relevant mods.... 76K miles 275/55/17 tires on 17x8 4.10's MAC catback my daily drive is very mixed but only 12miles each way. some backroads, some highway, some interstate, some side streets; but its the same everyday.
  12. G

ive been searchin thru the intake options available for the mounty, and i have not been all that impressed. IMO they are all either too expensive, or dont have adequate shielding from engine bay heat and fan wash. i stumbled across an inexpensive option on RF marketed by roush for the 3.0L...
  13. G

FYI: FMS Headers $247 at Summit

will these physically fit a P headed truck? i can add an EGR bung myself.
  14. G

Screaming ABS?

claude, mine does it to. the reason it does it first thing in the morning is the ABS self test. thats why its always in the same spot too. as soon as the truck reaches i think 10mph, it runs the self test. i dont know why its gotta be so loud about it though. sumthin in the control unit + cold...
  15. G

The Idea!

sure thing, how many shots you want? ;)
  16. G

The Idea!

if you like the rims go for it. i ran 17's and 33" tall tires on my ranger w/6" lift.
  17. G

MAC vs. AirMax

with all the recommendations for the MAC, are any of you gettin a MPG increase with it? i see MountaineerGreen is claiming a 1.5mpg increase in his write up of the airMAX.
  18. G

rear sway bar vs. diff cover

yup yup. thats what mine look like now.
  19. G

Gauge cluster swap?

i have never repinned the harness to match a cluster. i take the gauges out of the new cluster and put them in mine. ive never had to worry about how the cluster is wired this way.
  20. G

RCD shock and mount numbers.

yes. you will want a length at ride height, and also the stock collapsed/extended lengths. when you call fox, or who ever, for your shocks they can tell you what length spring will work with their shock. if you run the 2.0x6.5, i would recommend a limit strap due to the extra extended...
  21. G

rims: how big is too big?

random poll; found while bored http://www.pollpub.com/do-you-like-the-look-of-this-truck.aspx
  22. G

crud. they are done, and i didnt have my camera with me, sorry. i can tell you that there is 2" of free length at the bottom of the link that you can remove w/o penalty. worked like a charm
  23. G

i did think about that option, but i dont pay anyone to do work for me if i can help it. i have plenty of access to all the tools i need to shorten the endlinks. this option will kill three birds with one stone; fix the cover clearance problem, restore proper angle to the bar for the best...
  24. G

yes, mine is trimmed. the ears arent the issue however. the problem lies at the lower drain plug on the IRS cover. when the truck is on the ground i can barely fit one finger in the gap. i would agree most covers probly arent gonna have any issues since the interference is so low on mine.
  25. G

for anyone followin along, the answer is no. layin the stocker and the EE bar on the floor next to each other got me excited but alas, after installation, the combination of the differences between the bars made little to zero difference in the amount of clearance between the bar and my...
Back