Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

sub box question

thanks for ther help Vteg I really appreciate it ! Mike
  2. T

sub box question

ok so on my papers for a sealed enclosure it says i need to make a box with 1.0cu ft of air space sorry guys im no good with math and this stuff so could someone clarify this stuff for me or help me figure the dimensions out I would greatly appreciate this !! thanks for your time a patience...
  3. T

sub box question

man guys do I feel like a dumb ass i didnt realize there was crap printed on the back of the paper i got with the sub it gives the sizes and even a template to use for the hole ! lol :rolleyes: thanks for the help all the same though !! Mike
  4. T

sub box question

I have one 10 inch pioneer 400 watt sub that im going to build a box for just a simple cube is all I want, well i dont know what size to build it . my paper work says the sub has a displacement of 0.040cu.ft what does this mean and how can it tell me how big a box to build?? thanks for the help...
  5. T

Never thought this day would come !

my alternator was around 140 bucks but i get a discount cause I ordered it through my shop its a motorcraft
  6. T

Should I be concerned about this?

try checking your tranny fluid and make sure its full
  7. T

question about relays

well I want my fog lights completely seperate, right now i have one switch for my fog lights, and i want my lights on my brush guard seperate they have their own switch, i want all four of my roof lights on at the same time , my switch panel has 4 switches so 2 switches are for my roof lights...
  8. T

question about relays

ok I have 8 lights on my truck fogs, 2 lights on my brush guard , then 4 across my roof, I have them all wired up to a second fuse panel at the moment but I would like to wire them up with relays , how would I go about doing this? I have never worked with relays before so a good walk through or...
  9. T

Help, Dash is in the DARK!

Hey ! I see your from kokomo as well ! I live in greentown but work in kokomo nice to see someone so close ! Mike
  10. T

4" Diameter CB speaker

I mounted a switch panel on my console lid in my 94 I just went to the junkyard and got another lid it was like 10 bucks so it was worth it to not screw up my orginal it turned out really good
  11. T

Help!! 92 pushbutton 4X4

on the side of the black box facing the rear of the truck there should be 2 wire harnesses that plug into the box you need to unplug these 2 harnesses to test it
  12. T

How do I get this bolt back in?

not meaning to butt in on this thread but i did ther coil spacer lift and it is alot easier to do than a body lift is.
  13. T

Transmission problems, one more time

have you checked your fluid level it may be low
  14. T

Help!! 92 pushbutton 4X4

did you unhook the 2 wires on the black box on the back? I had to do this to a 93 explorer one time at work you unhook the 2 wires connected to the box and push the button this is a self test to see if the controller is working right the light should either blink or stay on , i forget which...
  15. T

transmission cooler pipe

just go to carquest and get some steel brake line thats what we use at work
  16. T

where can I get battery cables ?

alright I will check with napa in the morning thanks !
  17. T

where can I get battery cables ?

Hey guys since im replacing my alternator i thought i might change my battery cables while im at it , but I cant find any for a resonable price, does 45 bucks for both cables sound right? I went to autozone and they gave me 2 cables but neither one is long enough thanks for the help guys! Mike
  18. T

Never thought this day would come !

My faithful wonderful explorer left me stranded today:( My alternator decided to take a crap on me but it wasant to bad I was only about a mile from the shop not to bad a walk so I took the chance to upgrade to the 130 amp model :D
  19. T

rolled and totaled my explorer

I have an odd question, has anyone ever rolled a first gen explorer? I ask cause I wonder how safe they are compared to a 2nd gen with air bags.
  20. T

Rebuilding the tranny

with that many miles i would get a rebuilt torque converter, for 2600 sounds like they are gonna put a reman tranny in maybe a jasper with that kind of warranty. If you have the money you can go that route but a rebuild at an independant shop would be much cheaper than 2600.
  21. T

body removal

Im not sure then when I did my body lift mine werent stuck very badly , can you get in ther with a long break bar or anything?
  22. T

body removal

what is stuck? the body bolts ? if they are i suggest you start soaking them in wd-40 or a stuff called PB Blaster and just keep working at them.
  23. T

Anyone with autozone shackles

ok guys I have another question , I already have an aal in the rear and the 2 inch coil spacers in the frotn so if I get these autozone shackles is my rear end gonna be way up there or can I adjust them so that my rear doesnt sag anymore?
  24. T

How ya'll doin!

Welcome to the site !:D
  25. T

Anyone with autozone shackles

I think I will make me a tip down there tonight to if I get a chance to
Back