Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

3in spindle and rear lift questions.

Ok getting ready to start buying lift parts for my 2000 2wd ex sport. Did alot of searching to figure out everything I need to do this right the FIRST time. I've gathered: 3in lift spindle(ranger spindle right?) Grind steering stops or replace with ___??? After market? Ranger stops? Read...
  2. E

00 Sport 2wd lots of questions

Well pull-a-part it is. Anyways, Ive found some 4in spindles for the front end and I would rather do that and not have my truck ride complete crap. So I'm still going to put 4dr Ex leafs under the rear, and what else to get 4 inches? Shackles? Id rather not do just blocks. And as far as...
  3. E

oh ok good to know. I may have misheard. Ok so I'm trying to straighten out a few aesthetic things in the mean time, such as this piece right here. Can anyone tell me what you call this so I can google and see if I can find it or do I need to just snatch one from the junkyard? Id rather get...
  4. E

Well thanks for all the tips and help fellas. I may bump this thread again at some point if I happen to come up with any more questions. You guys sure are helpful. Thanks again.
  5. E

Well, as much as I love my old explorer, its just an old 2wd highway vehicle. Even with gears, tires, lift, and all that, its not really meant for "off road". What I'm trying to do is just a cheap way for me to make it through some mud holes on the way back to the fire pit in my area. I cant...
  6. E

Uggggggg when things finally going right for once..... Well what can I do about a rear end? Junk yard and find the one with 3.73 gears and LS?
  7. E

Well I have the 46 for my axel code. So according to the chart, I have 3.73 gears. But it is an open differential, which sucks right? Limited slip would be ideal as eventually both wheels would pull, where as with mine I just have what my friends and I affectionately refer to as "one tire fire"...
  8. E

Awesome, thanks a bunch guys! And yeah, I think I would rather just get a winch haha. As for the front shocks, what youre saying is I wont get any more down travel from having shocks that are for a lifted front end? As for the gearing, I'm not really sure. This is the second 2000 sport...
  9. E

Ok sorry for all the random questions, but I'm getting conflicting information on some of these. Some I'm just wondering if anyone has any pictures of. Just bought another 00 sport, nicer trim and interior, 153k miles. Runs so great, geared different from my old one it would seem, ol girl...
  10. E

ranger with locking rear end?

The time has come, I finally have some money saved. I want to do a Baja style ranger and I would like to find in 2wd with a locking rear end. Does such a thing exist?
  11. E

How to: Explorer 5.0 Swap info detailed photos/wiring descriptions. Into non OBD2 veh

Has anyone here or can anyone here tell me everything I will need to do the 5.0 swap on a 2000 Sport with the 4.0 SOHC? I'm sure most of the things on this list apply, but I was just wondering if there is anything specific to my vehicle. I plan on getting a 5.0 from the same year and my Explorer...
  12. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

Oh theres no way in hell i can do this myself. but my dad has a friend that does nothing but motor swaps and other big jobs with motors. so i found someone that can do it, so now im just looking to see how much its going to cost and im gonna try and figure out what the hell to do about a vehicle...
  13. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

So can anyone tell me what all exactly i'll need to do the 5.0 swap? And anyone know around how long it would take do something like that?
  14. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

yeah but all the mechanics i know wouldnt touch that job with a ten foot pole. Ford certainly isnt going to do it either.
  15. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

This is all just makes me very sad. Looks like ill just get an 02 sport. Man im gonna cry like a little girl when ol molly dies. had some some good times in that ol explorer.
  16. E

Comment by 'ExSport00' in media 'new tires and SOA'

Im so jealous. thats exactly how i would have mine. its black too.
  17. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

I guess i could do that, but doesnt that require a new tranny, wiring harness, computer and all that other stuff? and who can do this? certainly not ford right? i would do it my self, but i have zero mechanical skills. i can change oil, tires, alternators, batteries....simple ****. Its a damn...
  18. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

well damn. idk what im gonna do. there isnt an explorer anywhere near me for less than 5 grand. not one that i want anyway. and apparently the front end has independant.... so i guess i can add about 900 bucks to the price of whatever i find so ill already have the money to get those horrible...
  19. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

bleh... this is beginning to look like more money then im ever gonna have for this project. cant find anyone that even wants to do this for the money. So the 02 model explorer sports have the new version of the SOHC that doesnt have the dreaded death rattle? And do they have the God awful...
  20. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

Doesnt the 5.0 only have like 180 hp and torque? or something really low or around the same as the SOHC?
  21. E

2000 Sport 4.0 to 4.6

So the ol girls gettin on her years at 197,000... Timing chain tensioner is driving me nuts. I want so badly to put a 4.6L GT motor in it. Any advice? Will it even fit?
  22. E

2000 Sport 5.0 Swap

So Im planning on doing a 5.0 swap on my Sport. Tired of the timing chain tensioner bs. Apparently it is do-able with the right 302. My dad being a senior master technician says i wont be able to fit the cleveland 351 5.0 because its too wide. But is there anything important i need to know about...
  23. E

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Does anyone here have an explorer sport 2000 model with 31x10.5's and no lift?
  24. E

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Ive seen the chart, I just wanted to know if there was anyone here has done this, I really dont want to do any fender trimming.
Back