Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Addendum/Warning to T-Stat Housing Replacement!

Thank you for posting this info. Getting ready to leave for vacation, I finished changing the lower inlet and my sensor's were loose. Tried it anyways and it leaked. Auto parts store closed, hit Home Depot for o-rings at 10pm, got it all back together with no leaks. Thanks again !
  2. N

Replaced Frame Shackle Bushings (pics)

Last year I replaced the springs and bushings, when I removed the upper shackle bolt it was rusted to the bushing. As I pounded it out, it tore the rubber bushing that weren't in real good condition to begin with. I didn't have any bushings or know what to do to replace. After some research I...
  3. N

Rancho RS9000 update (broke)

I have had these installed for 10 months. I hit a pot hole, the truck started bouncing. I got out and looked, I could see the shock was leaking. Today I pulled them off and here is what I found. When they first arrived, I noticed the shaft of the lower end of the shock was welded on...
  4. N

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

All the shopping and reading for wheels and tires paid off, looks great swampghost ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  5. N

17x8 or 17x9

Post up some pics when you get the new wheels and tires on.
  6. N

17x8 or 17x9

I have 17 X 9 with 4.5 BS . Some will say it's to much offset, but it has worked great for me. I wouldn't go anymore than a 4.5 BS I like the wider wheel with that big of a tire, doesn't give the bulged sidewall look.
  7. N

Front hub/ wheel bearing recommendations?

I've tried both the Chinese (cheap) and the Timkin. The Chinese lasted 6 months. Timkin's have been 2 years of heavy pounding and still going. Yes you can replace just 1 and the ABS will work fine. Just keep in mind the other side will fail fairly soon. Mine were 3 months apart.
  8. N

2001 Sport Trac 4x4 problems

4 low can only be shifted into in neutral with foot on the brake and level ground. I've tried shifting into 4 low every which way, as I use 4 low quite a bit in the sand dunes. As far as being able to tell if you are in 4 high, make a sharp corner at low speeds on dry pavement, it will seem...
  9. N

17" wheel and tire size on 01 4x4

I run a wider tire, it did rub just behind the front wheel where the body cladding meets the body. I cut the corner of the cladding off. Keep in mind though that I have turned the torsions up and have a body lift. My wheels are 17X9 with 4.5 Backspace
  10. N

Vibration 70 + mph

First you can try rotating tires front to rear. After that, a couple of vibrations I have had, have been front wheel hubs and front driveshaft. I took my front driveshaft out and drove it to determine that vibration. For Front hubs, jack the front up and try to lift up and down on wheel, should...
  11. N

Buddy in his Jeep called out my ST at the dunes this weekend. Challenged me to a race up a hill. My wife was a little late starting the video. ST 1 Jeep 0 Click on pic for video
  12. N

Marathon Maintenance and it still looks the same

Good point 429CJ & SWSHawaii, it does ride and drive much nicer. I would hate to see a bill for the above. :thumbsup: It will be nice to enjoy the truck this weekend, hopefully not working on it.
  13. N

Marathon Maintenance and it still looks the same

Have you ever spent quite a bit of time working/replacing parts, get all done and it still looks the same ? Last week, I have replaced the following for preventive maintenance: Ball Joints, upper control arms, inner and out tie rods. Serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley. Engine...
  14. N

Drove a Supercharged Raptor today, then parked it next to my ST. Now I don't want to drive the ST any longer. :D
  15. N

Superlift Leaf Spring Install part 1

Thanks, mine is still a daily driver as well. I also beat it like a rented mule in the summer, at the Sand Dunes.
  16. N

level ground pic. with 600lbs of topsoil in the bed, didn't squat as much as I thought it would.
  17. N

how to....body lift

I did mine myself. Started at 10am on a Saturday, rolled it out of the garage at 5pm with body lift installed, but no bumper brackets installed. Worked on bumper brackets on Sunday, had them finished and completed by mid afternoon. I had a front core support bolt break, so that took a little...
  18. N

Thanks, sure will, supposed to rain tomorrow. Might be a couple of days. I was concerned it would sit jacked up, even called Superlift, they didn't do much to ease my concerns. Looking at it today, the 33's look a little small in the back now.
  19. N

Hard to tell sitting on a little incline.
  20. N

finished the job today. Old shackle vs new re-drilled shackle. Moved hole in towards the center 1". This is the upper shackle or frame mount hole. shackle installed. spring installed. End results measured from the ground to center top of wheel opening. Stock...
  21. N

Removed both rear springs tonight. I was rolling along until I got to upper shackle bushing. I'll work on that tomorrow. I removed the 2nd leaf from the Superlift springs and re-drilled a hole 1" lower for upper bolt to frame. I test fitted the drivers side. It's 2" higher than my old leafs...
  22. N

Installed Rancho 9000's today

Update, I went to 5 in the front and left the rear at 3. Much better ride, keep in mind I'm looking for a smooth ride on the road. I don't care about going around corners at mach 1. My off-roading consists of Sand Dunes, which I plan on starting at 9 front and rear. Overall very happy with the...
  23. N

Installed Rancho 9000's today

Old shocks had 57K miles on them. LF and RR shocks were blown out. LF rubber bushing was also destroyed. Got the 9000's installed, I set them at 3 hoping for a softer ride for the terrible roads around here, after a brutal winter. Went for a test ride, at a setting of 3, it rides much softer...
  24. N

moog upper control arms fake or wrong?

Looks like the RK series is different than the CK series, that is the problem solver. Rock Auto has both listed.
Back