Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How To: Install aftermarket sub with stock enclosure in non-factory sub 2nd Gen Ex

well I am getting ready to do the jl swap. today I took the box out and replaced the stuffing in the box with poly fill.
  2. T

help installing aftermarket stereo

check your ground
  3. T

"Priceless"

lol that is funny. go ford power
  4. T

witch explorer should I get 4.0 4x4 or 5.0 awd?

5.0 all the way baby!!!
  5. T

what parts fit?

thank you for the info JD!!!
  6. T

what parts fit?

well thank you for the answer JD. that kinda sucks but atleast I know what direction I have to go now. what years of explorer and mounty can swap parts? I was reading and so far I have found 99-01 will fit my mounty.
  7. T

what parts fit?

i have a 2000 mountaineer and I was wondering what explorer parts fit. I am really interested in the grill.
  8. T

new to the site and have a few questions

wow 25 views on this thread and no one can provide any help?
  9. T

Tinted windows

I am going to tint my windows down to 5% all the way around, 5% on the front and 20% on the factory tint, which will bring it close to 5% for a close match to the front windows.
  10. T

Wanted help with sterio

look in the audio section
  11. T

phone jack inside console????

also could have been a wire for a remote bass knob for an aftermarket amp
  12. T

Will these tires be ok?

195/60/15 seem a little narrow but in a pinch they will work. I am running 255/70/15 on my 00 mounty
  13. T

Possible Disney OK run

I live about 30 minutes from disney, ok and it is well worth the drive to drive on the trails. i used to live in newton/wichita kansas area and I would still make that drive.
  14. T

New to the site.

Welcome to the forum and we are looking forward to your pics.
  15. T

Puddle lights

I had an 03 explorer EB and i replaced my puddle lights with red bulbs and i used a butter knife and took my time and i got the lens off
  16. T

Big 3 Question

No you do not have to put an inline fuse there.
  17. T

How To: Install aftermarket sub with stock enclosure in non-factory sub 2nd Gen Ex

great write up. My 2000 mounty came with the factory sub, but I am going to be changing it to the jl audio w1 and the ssl 2F400 set up. What size wiring kit did you use for that ssl amp? It appears to be an 8 gauage set up.
  18. T

new to the site and have a few questions

hello, i am new to the site and i have a few questions. I am a proud owner of a 2000 mercury mountaineer. It has 175k on it with the 5.0 V8, but you cant even tell it has 50k on it. My question is where on this site can I find out what years and parts of the ford explorer are interchangable with...
Back