Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

How can I get flow to the egr system? Mission impossible

There is a orifice in the egr tube that has to be there I have seen them fall our or rot out.
  2. R

04 Sport Trac makes noise when turning and 4x4 engaged

If its a 04 Sport trac its not full time AWD if your on dry pavement it is going to bind the cv joints in the front axle. There only part time 4WD you need to be on dirt or snow to run it with full turns so one of the wheels can slip
  3. R

Fuel Pressure Problem after replacing fuel pump twice

How old is the fuel filter? Could be plugging up?
  4. R

air-condition problem

Blower motor resistor and motor connectors tend to burn out
  5. R

cant get 2001 sport trac to rev over 3000

The Neutral rev limiter is 3000rpm
  6. R

Battery Dead

WD 40 spray in locks that should work..
  7. R

World release of new ford ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuYd-A25qIg Too bad Ford doesn't think the North America is part of the world :us:
  8. R

2001 Sport Trac squeaky rear brakes

Warped brake drum needs to be turned if there is enough material left or replaced.
  9. R

Non-matching suspension & wheel problem

Your missing a sway bar end link on the drivers side
  10. R

Code p0175?

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0175
  11. R

Need help with turn signal flasher

in the center of the dash just to the right of the gas pedal black relay box, I think they call it a smart junction box. Take the cover off its in there.
  12. R

Body Mount Shrinkage and Compression

Sorry to tell you these bolt in the body mounts are much tighter then any 1/4 inch or even 3/8 inch electric impact will remove. Best would be a good 1/2 air impact but a electric 1/2 inch should work..
  13. R

sport will not start

no start fast crank Sounds as if you have jumped time or broken a chain. Normal no compression with cam timing off or non existent
  14. R

Recharge the AC

On the right side of the engine compartment just behind the washer and coolant bottles. On top of the receiver dryer.
  15. R

Unpredictable Fan

The normal for the blower motor resistor is the connector gets hot melts the plastic and the spade connectors and or wires melt and make a open. I would check it, easy on the passenger side just below the blower motor see if you can even get it off. If it comes off check all the wires you can...
  16. R

transmission Temp Gauge

I have a ScanGaugeII it works great you can have 4 different gauges on all the time easy to set up and you can get any codes you have or erase all codes. Check out on advance auto they have lots of coupons you can save some money as well. http://www.scangauge.com/
  17. R

Replace P/S rack and pump, steering wheel turns violently on its own???

You could have messed up the clock spring but that is not what is causing your problem there is something wrong with your new steering gear.
  18. R

E85

With E 85 your going to loose somewhere around 33% of your fuel economy. So if your going 300 miles a tank your going to only go 200 miles per tank.
  19. R

ISSUE: 04 s/t - "hiccups" under stress / low RPM

We need a lot more information on your vehicle, miles maintence done. With what we know now I would look at ignition components like spark plugs and wires. It takes quite a few missfires to set a code.
  20. R

2003 Sport Trac. Does not start when it's hot.

My guess is its a bad connection as it heats up resistence goes up or its the fuel pump its self. Get under the truck and listen for the fuel pump have someone else turn on the key no crank if it runs it should start. If no fuel pump its either the impeller is stuck in the pump ( ethenol eats...
  21. R

leaf spring and axel ?

That's the way they were built.
  22. R

Windshield washer

Washer pump relay 46B in the relay box on the passenger side frame rail right next to the engine. Its down low take the cover off I had three relays when I bought mine last year that did not work. Cleaned up the box and connections installed new relays and washers as well as fog lights and horn...
  23. R

01 Sport Trac rear brakes.

shorter shoe to the front of the vehicle longer in the back
  24. R

Sport Trac Bed Topper

Where are you located that would be helpful?
  25. R

Back in Black

Here are a set in Detroit area taillights corner lights and headlights http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/4389261851.html
Back