Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Rear diff fluid

I have tried to search for the correct fluid but all I get is 75/140,80/90 and a few other options can someone help with this it does have lsd.
  2. K

axle shafts

going to be putting new gears in and rebuilding the lsd and wan to know are there any after market better axles that i can order to replace the factory ones. i want to rebuild it and be done for a while .
  3. K

lsd..aussie locker

ok guys i just ordered all new 4.88 gears for the front and rear to do over the next month and am wanting to order a locker for the rear. i have 3.73 lsd right now and on the Aussie web site they say it only works with open diffs. so don't i just take the lsd out and it becomes an open diff and...
  4. K

code problem.....

so i got an obd1 code reader and was scanning for codes on my 94 xlt after fixing the cam syncro and o2 and other things. i went at it again because my cel came on and when i pulled the codes again it told me. air conditioner was on and it was off.. i know this because the ac pump burnt up...
  5. K

front lift

ok i have done the soa in the rear and am going to tear the front apart saturday so what are the best ways to get it to about 6-8 inches of lift. no sas at the moment. i have the 4-6 inch radius arm drop brackets and pitman arm and what not would i be able to put a 6 or 8 inch coil in there with...
  6. K

soa ?

so i just finished my soa last night and one thing i have to say is wow. i had a 4 inch ez ride lift kit from tuff country and i ordered new leaf springs from lmc and did the add a leaf so my leaf pack was about 4 inches plus the soa conversion. my question is how do i bring the front up...
  7. K

code 214

this is the only code that i am pulling at the moment. i figured it was the cam syncro so i picked one up and from everything i have ready about taking the intake manifold off. i dont have a problem doing this but i took it to a ford dealer and they told me they could not do it because in (all...
  8. K

soa with pre installed lift kit

I have the tuff country 4" ez ride kit installed and am getting ready to do the soa this weekend I know there will be a hight difference in the front so what would be the best way to fix it.
  9. K

saging rear

ordered new leaf springs from lmc and did the add a leaf when I put my lift kit on. not sure what went wrong but I have this rear sag across the back. the front measures 39 inches on flat ground from ground to the center of bottom fender well and in the rear I am getting about 35 inches or so on...
  10. K

Soa question????

have a 4" lift installed with new leaf springs in the rear and it has this goofy rear lean to it so i was going to do a soa to level it out and what not. my question is i have the welder and tools no problem, but with that i want to have it done in a couple hours so which kit would be best for...
  11. K

shackles and spacers

I have a 4" lift on my first gen and was wandering if I could use the warrior 153 shackles and the 2" coil spacers to bring it up a little bit more or would I have issues with the alignment and steering.
  12. K

Facebook

started a First Gen Explorer/Ranger forum on Facebook. so join if you like. post pics check out what others have and need.
  13. K

gears

just finished my lift and got some new tires there 31's i had 33's on it but the cam syncro is bad and it went in limp mode and gas mileage was ****. so i want to go back to 33's but want to up my gears i have a 94 and would like it to be 50/50 with the trails and street or maybe a little more...
  14. K

ordering new gears and locker

i have ran 33's on the stock 3.73 gears but they just seemed week and want to upgrade with the possibility to run 35's with a locker in the rear this will be mostly off road and mudding with the once a week walmart crawl. so just wanting some opinions on gears i was thinking 4.56 or 4.88 but...
  15. K

tires

i have been running 33 12.50 r15 for a little bit and one blew out the other day and I have decided to go down to a 31 and have decided between 2 tires and just wanted some info trying to stay under 160 a tire. what do you guys think. GT Radial Adventuro M/T $139.95 or Goodyear Wrangler...
  16. K

freeze plug

Going to install a freeze plug heater and wanted to know if anyone knows what size the freeze plug is on the engine.
  17. K

94 xlt

koeo code that i just got was 214
  18. K

94 xlt

just replaced battery and now it runs for a little bit down the road then dies. it starts back up and goes. doe's anyone know what could cause this.
  19. K

Turns over but won't start.

Need help. Just changed battery to an optima yellow top. and it has been -15 to -20 here with wind chill around -30 -40 and my explorer will just turn over and not start can anyone help me with this. what should i get to fix this or is there anything that i can do. engine block heater...
  20. K

just some random questions.

how do you put pictures on here.
  21. K

Thanks for the pics.
  22. K

1. Is it ok to drive with the 4x4 hubs locked in. 75mph max speed. 2. Best 4.0 ohv rebuild parts cam,heads,headers,exhaust, rollers,lifters. 3. Running pro comp 33x12.5 anyone have opinions on tires. need new soon 4. Light bar or off road lights. With good stable mounts. 5. Transmission...
  23. K

hard to start in winter

just wandering if anyone else has had this problem. i just put a new battery in it about 3 months ago. and good ideas of what to do would be great. i thought of a freeze plug engine type heater. or the oil stick heater has anyone used theses or installed them and which one worked the best. and...
  24. K

4.3L Stroker Kit / A4LD PT. Next upgrades

well you got anything better for a stock motor never ben touched original everything with 314000 miles. i was just thinking about going and getting a block and building it from scratch. and as for the transmission I'm not changing to manual and as far as i can find that one is the best thing...
  25. K

4.3L Stroker Kit / A4LD PT. Next upgrades

www.moranav6racing.com www.transmissioncenter.org/a4ld.htm These will be all my next upgrades. After i get this goofy lean fixed from the gas tank. any options i thought about just doing a fuel cell in the back. im not doing a body lift to put it were the spare tire went. 5 inch lift on 33's...
Back