Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Do you by chance know how long of rear driveshaft shaft I need for an ex can ranger?
  2. H

Take 3 - 1999 Mercury Mountaineer

I've been looking for one of these forever. I cut one up that was exactly like this one for my ranger swap. It rusty and hit in the right front. Too beat up to save.
  3. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Sweet that you!
  4. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Alright. I'm doing this swap. I've replace the awd t case 4 times. I'm tired of it. I have the case and the front shaft already. I see you guys talk about the rear shaft. But I'm special. Anyone have a parts list for me? Like I said I'm special. Id like to find a bolt in rear shaft. But if...
  5. H

5.0 awd broken transfer case.

Update. Pulled the front driveshaft. Drove the truck. Noise when away. The only time the CV joint has no play in it is if it's collapsed all the way. If it's pull out even 1/4-1/2" it has play in it. When i move it back and forth it feels like there is no greese in it. The boot is not ripped...
  6. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Did you move the whole motor over a 1/2"? Or just the rear of the transmission?
  7. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Does anyone have the length of rear driveshaft I need to put a bw4406 t case in my ex can ranger 5.0/4r70w swap?
  8. H

5.0 awd broken transfer case.

Hey all. I have a 2000 ranger that has the awd drivetrain out of a 2000 5.0 mountaineer. I'm getting a noise from under the truck right buy the transfer case. It almost sounds like ether a clocking sounds. Or a seezed up u joint. It is drive line related. List of what's new. Front driveshaft...
  9. H

5.0 cold starting.

I was impressed with mine last winter. 300k. Fired right up in -30 no problem.
  10. H

5.0 cold starting.

Just curious how everyone's trucks start when it's well below zero.
  11. H

Steering wheel lights.

I have a 2000 ranger and I'm wondering if my cruise control buttons are supposed to light up? I've put 2 new sets of switches in it and nether have lit up.
  12. H

1997 Mountaineer No Start - No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I had the same weak starter problem this week. It would crank over like the battery was dying. It's a brand new battery and starter. I went under the truck and looked at the + wire that goes to the starter. Had a cut in it and the wire was green. I was able to pull the cable into 2 pieces it was...
  13. H

Synthetic Blend Motor Oil

I've ran motorcraft synthetic blend oil in my 5.0 mountaineer since the day I got it in 2014. I was on the road with it so I would just have the oil changed at a ford dealer. Truck is pushing 300k now. Burns a quart of oil every 3500-4000 miles. I've had good luck with the Ford stuff.
  14. H

Another tire question.

Hey all, I'm ordering tires fore my truck today. I'm wondering if any one has had luck stuffing 265/75r16s under a 2000 ranger. I have a 00 4x4 ex cab off road. Only reason I'm asking is I've found its about a 50/50 split on if I have to crank the torsion bars. Any pictures of your rides would...
  15. H

Ranger front shocks

Does anyone have a link for some heavy duty front shocks. I'm putting a plow on my 2000 Ranger. Just to plow my driveway. I won't really be driving on the road with the plow. Unless it's into town to get gas.
  16. H

Cranks, pops, no start....

This right here. When I V8 swapped my ranger it would crank and not start. Fuel pump was new right before I got the truck. Went nuts checking wiring, and relays. Finally hit the tank with a rubber mallet. Fired right up.
  17. H

A few pics of my old gal (and my POS Sport Trac)

Clean trucks! I live in mn so both of mine have rust. My 06 f350 was I Texas and GA. So that's rust free. I park that one for the winter.
  18. H

Anyone ever plow with their 2nd gen?

It's been swapped with a explorer 5.0 and 4r70w.
  19. H

Anyone ever plow with their 2nd gen?

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has ever plowed with their 2nd gen ranger. I have a 2000 ex cab 4x4. I would only be plowing my own driveway with it. Im hoping the 4r70w can handle some light plowing. Anything over about 3-4" I would call someone. But I'm thinking for the smaller snowfalls...
  20. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Thank you! One more question. I've read the the ranger has a narrower frame behind the t case. Is that anything to worry about?
  21. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Where would I fine the u joint I need? I've seen th part number but can't find anything.
  22. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

I can look into shipping when I get back into town. I'm going to be away from home until the 3rd of October. But I will look into it. What rear f150 driveshaft would I need?
  23. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Thank you for the info! My awd t case is shot. I was just going to rebuild it. But if the 4406 swap isn't relatively hard I will just go that route. I have two 5 speeds from the same type of truck. I had thought about swapping one of the 5 speeds in. But I'm kinda short on time. Do you have any...
  24. H

5.0 ranger 4406 swap.

Hey all. I have a 2000 ex cab sb 4x4 ranger that I did the explorer swap on. I'm thinking about swapping a manual shift 4406 case from a f150. I have a 98 f150 reg cab sb 4.2 v6 manual trans for a donor. Does anyone know of a write up or have done the swap before? I've seen i may have to move...
  25. H

Ranger 8.8.

I by no means believe it. Just posting what the manual said. I'd like to know what makes life time oil!
Back