Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

22" Hyper Black Alloy wheels & Tyres for sale...

Hi Guys, I have the above rims for sale :- I'm in the UK..I'm sure you're all aware of how difficult it is to get nice wheels for Explorers, I know it took mt nearly a year to get these......now they're for sale. They are on Ebay..so have a look or email me if you don't ebay...
  2. N

Uk Explorer for sale

Cheers matey, I was after a North Face ! What colour is yours ? And as for the petrol I know what you mean.....and mine is slightly more thirsty than standard with those rims on......imagine that :eek: I think that if I buy another Ex in the future it'll have an LPG conversion on....
  3. N

Uk Explorer for sale

Guys, due to a new business venture I'm selling my Explorer. Details can be found here...Clicky
  4. N

Finally got wheel spacers

That's it exactly......As far as lowering goes, it'snot really the thing in the UK, plus we have the traffic calming speed bumps in the road to deal with.....and I kind like drifting straight over them now.....with the extra height and width I hardly notice them.....so I think I'm gonna keep it...
  5. N

Thanks ;) Guess it's down to personal preference, but where I live is quite flat so no offroading to do...street is the only way to go so it had to be 22"s The rims themselves are actually almost the same colour as the wheel arch flares right down to metallic look, but when the sun hits...
  6. N

55mm Front and 75mm rears, been running them for 6 months and the truck is better than ever, no signs of wearing bearings or anything and stabilty has increased 200% Have a look, she needs a wash tho' Oh while I'm here can anyone tell me the bhp figures for the standard 6cyc 4.0l Explorer XLT
  7. N

At last I have wheel spacers!!

295-30-22 and standard height, I have the spacers fitted and it looks the business.Will give it a wash at the weekend and post some pics next week. :D
  8. N

Picked them up today.....they are big !!! lol......just need to get some different bolts before they are fitted..picking those up tomorrow.... As for the question why so wide......well I have the Explorer with wheel arch flares on and my 22"s have the completely wrong backspacing, they are...
  9. N

Woo hoo, pick up my custom made spacers tonight...70mm rears and 55mm fronts.........will post pics when they are fitted...should look good.
  10. N

Wheel Spacer Suppliers

Hi, Please can you guys provide me with some US suppliers for wheel spacers. I cannot get them i the UK and have tried with two US companies that have exactly what I'm looking for but for some reason as soon as they find out that I am in the UK all correspondance stops. Cheers in advance.
  11. N

18" or 20"?

I have 22"s on and fuel economy hasn't really been affected that much.....plus the 22"s and tyres are not as heavy as the stock 16"s and tyres that we get in the UK
  12. N

18's too big?('00 ex sport)

I have 22"s on and the car handles 100% better than with stock wheels, less roll in corners due to less tyre wall flex, more grip etc.....the list is endless. Still trying to source some damn spacers though !! :mad:
  13. N

Anyone running 265/60/18s on explorer

Thanks for the link, I have emailed them to see if they deliver overseas, that is my biggest problem, if they don't would anyone be willing to order them in the US and then send them to me giftwrapped ( to avoid the dreaded UK import tax, we don't pay duty on gifts ) if I emailed the money via...
  14. N

Choice is limited in the UK so I'm gonna have some custom made, 2" rears and 1.75" fronts, with the addition backspacing gained by the aftermarket wheels ( being 2" wider than the standard rims ) I have been assured that this should not place a massive amount of extra stress on the wheel...
  15. N

I run 295-30-22 and they scrape like a ***** up front......soon to be sorted with some spacers ! :mad: ;)
  16. N

Best sized rims for a 96 Explorer XLT 20" or 22"

Don't listen to em' I have 22"s and they are great, handling is greatly improved, I just need some spacers. Mine's a 98 UK spec V6 4.0l OHC So there :p Also pay a visit to www.cardomain.com and do a search for Explorers, there are some on there fitted with 24s !!! Bagged...
  17. N

spacing out the rear wheels

I have also recently had some 22" fitted and am suffering with the same problems, I am having a set of 2" rear and 1.5" front spaces custom made as they are unavailable off the shelf in th UK....I have been told that the amount of stress placed on the axles is negligible....Porsche have been...
  18. N

Wheel siz question

I would agree with you on fearing for your life, however with the new low profile tyres, it handles much more like a car than a bus !
  19. N

Wheel siz question

Yeah I hit an indicated 130, however after a little speed testing today, ie: driving along side a mate doing 70mph, my speedo was showing about 76 mph, therefore one of them is out a little, and I guess it's mine after changing the tyres it's bound to throw the calibration out slightly...even so...
  20. N

Wheel siz question

Here you go :- before :- After :- before :- After :- Will get some better pics, once she's clean
  21. N

Wheel siz question

Having just changed from standard 16inch rims runnning 255-75-16 tyres to 22 inch running 295-30-22 tyres I have noticed a substantial increase in ride comfort, less wallowy ride through corners, and a greater top speed, with my 16"s on I daren't take her above 110 mph and it seemed a struggle...
  22. N

2" Wheel spacers.... Good idea ???

Since having my 22"s fitted, I have noticed that there is a little bit of rubbing going on up front on full lock, and I would also like the car to have a meaner stance. I am gonna get some 2" (45MM) wheel spacers made, has anyone gone this wide before ? Any drawbacks or possible concerns ? Cheers
  23. N

New wheels been fitted on Saturday

Yeah, There was only one model of Explorer available in the UK and they all look like mine, I don't think there were any options on them either other than leather or cloth interior.....all 4.0s too.
  24. N

Yeah, thought about that, but I personally like the fender flares, All Uk Ex's have them....
  25. N

Haven't had time to take pics yet as it's raining....just ran out and took these, will get some better ones ....... Think I still need some spacers to push the wheels out a little and there is a little rubbing when on full lock.
Back