Anyone running 265/60/18s on explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone running 265/60/18s on explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be fine. If I'm not as retarded as some people think, the total diameter of that setup would be 30.8 inches. Most first gens can fit that with no lift. Make sure of the total diameter for sure, but even if it's a little bigger you'll be fine with 2" lift. Make sure to post pics when you do it. :thumbsup:

Spindlecone and I have 265/60/18's. The diameter is 30.5-30.6" and they are very heavy, at about 40 pounds. Buy the lightest wheels and tires that you can.

My 72 pound combo is about ten pounds heavier than I would like. The extra rotating weight hurts performance a lot. I may change to 265/55/18's next time, definately no more than 30", and I may try to find a lighter wheel. Good luck,

i have a 98 sport with 4 door leaves warrior shcakles and TT, so right around 2 inches and im running 265/75/16 BFG All-Terrains. i only had minor rubbing up front and trimmed some of the inside fender off. they fit very well. idk how much this will help u since i dont have a 1st gen

I run 285/50/18 with stock height and just a tiny little bit of rubbing. I am fixing it today with a steering limiter.

Quakecom

do u have pics quake

265/60/18s and dropped

Attachments

• Mvc-022s.jpg
    Mvc-022s.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 860

285/50/18 and soon to be dropped ;)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Cool, see ya have a K&N filter:)

Last year there were only a couple of tires sized 265/60/18. They were in the $110-140 range. You can buy cheap wheels in the $500-600 range, but sizes that fit a particular vehicle are hard to come by for a reasonable cost.

I had waited for over two months for a particular wheel. When again told that I still couldn't order them, I looked at other wheels again. I didn't find a perfect wheel, what I settled on is actually a Mercedes wheel, and the selling company charged me $30 each to remachine them to fit my Mercury. My wheels were $200 each, plus the $30.

Depending on your tastes, how you want them to fit, etc, you can get 18's for under $1000. Most people spend a lot more for wheels/tires that are over 17". Good luck,

I run 295-30-22 and they scrape like a ***** up front......soon to be sorted with some spacers ! :mad: ;)

Nippon said:
I run 295-30-22 and they scrape like a ***** up front......soon to be sorted with some spacers ! :mad: ;)

Be careful buying spacers. Research the choices, and buy the highest quality that you can. Only buy custom fitted spacers for your application. Mine were about $160, don't buy the cheap kind($15-40). Regards,

Choice is limited in the UK so I'm gonna have some custom made, 2" rears and 1.75" fronts, with the addition backspacing gained by the aftermarket wheels ( being 2" wider than the standard rims ) I have been assured that this should not place a massive amount of extra stress on the wheel bearings...the cost you may ask.....about £ 460 ..$650 - 700....but worth it I think...as from behind the car looks like a fat woman riding a bike ! know what I mean !!! :D

Nippon said:
Choice is limited in the UK so I'm gonna have some custom made, 2" rears and 1.75" fronts, with the addition backspacing gained by the aftermarket wheels ( being 2" wider than the standard rims ) I have been assured that this should not place a massive amount of extra stress on the wheel bearings...the cost you may ask.....about £ 460 ..$650 - 700....but worth it I think...as from behind the car looks like a fat woman riding a bike ! know what I mean !!! :D
OY, search the net nippon, 700 bux is nutso, what you want is machined billet alum spacers, not cast, you can get 2 inch high end spacers for 80 bux per pair

CDW6212R said:
Nippon, try looking for H&R adapters. I thought that they were the best last year when I was researching. Check out this description;

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/h&r_wheel_spacers.html

Good luck,

Thanks for the link, I have emailed them to see if they deliver overseas, that is my biggest problem, if they don't would anyone be willing to order them in the US and then send them to me giftwrapped ( to avoid the dreaded UK import tax, we don't pay duty on gifts ) if I emailed the money via Paypal or some other means beforehand ?

Thnx

If someone has more pix of X's with this tire size, please post? I'm seriously about to buy them but would really like to see more examples.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, after weeks of torturing myself with endless, mind-numbing forum reading (here and other sites), trolling Cardomain, Discounttiredirect, Tirerack, eBay and obscure sites, I placed my order. Here's what I ordered:

* (4) Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10
* (4) CenterLine Champ XL 18x8 ET12

I'll post my experience and pix when I get everything mounted. I couldn't go any longer on nearly bald rear stockers. Was slipping and sliding all Winter - not good. I couldn't stomach spending my hard-earned cash on (to me) silly looking OEM 17" rims/tires. I really wanted Nitto Terra Graplers like I had on my old Suburban but they unfortunately don't make a 265/60/18. The next best IMO was/is the Toyo Open Country A/T for my purposes. They were/are over $200 a pop though and not sold on-line through major retailers.

Back