Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Monroematic shocks

I didn't follow all of what your saying there. I lost you at 1/2 ton truck. My Explorer weighs 3,800 lbs wet. I know a 1/2 ton weighs quite a bit more unless your talking about a 2018 all aluminum EcoBoost Ford F-150 which weigh roughly 5,500 lbs. Next I'd like to point out that the shocks I...
  2. O

Monroematic shocks

Hey ya'll. I just replaced all 4 shocks on my 94 Explorer Sport. All but 1 were still original. When I compared the new shock to the old one, I noticed the stock back ones were bigger around and heavier duty like the Rancho shock. The Monroe's felt a little more stiff than the old ones, I'll...
  3. O

Aftermarket parts that are better than OEM

I agree with Moog suspension components, but remember they have to be greesed everytime you change your oil and right after you do any serious offroading. I had a greasable Napa brand balljoint go out within 1 year because I did not keep up with greese. Felpro gaskets are O.K., but nothing to...
  4. O

2 door rust repair panels

I've got the same problem on a 94 Sport from Kentucky. Rusted low from rockers to front quarters. No luck finding anything but rockers.
  5. O

1994 XLT Anti-rattle clip & squirrely braking

I've had this issue because I had one rotor turned on a lathe and the other replaced with a new one. Also the rear brake should not be overlooked as they can cause a pulling affect if not working correctly.
  6. O

2 door quarter panels

I'm looking for new quarter panels for a 1994 2 door Sport. I live in Wisconsin so salvage yards are out of the question. Does anybody know where to find them for a resonable price. Also, I need to know if Rear 4 door dog legs work for a 2 door Explorer. I can't find 2 door options for these...
  7. O

Quarter Panel Trim

I'll take them!
  8. O

Quarter Panel Trim

I removed the quarter glass on one side today. I found that the trim that shows on the outside is a one peice rubber moulding that has bolts behind it that are secured through the quarter panel. There is no replacement moulding available as far as I can see, but a used window with good moulding...
  9. O

Quarter Panel Trim

Hello to ya'll! I'm the proud owner of a 94 Explorer Sport that has had alot of TLC since I bought it in the fall 2013. Thankfully, I've found alot of good advice on explorerforum. I decided it's time to address my shabby rear quarter window trim. It's decintagrating as I write this. I need to...
Back