Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2000 bumper on a 98?

Thanks. Never even crossed my mind. Lol.
  2. S

2000 bumper on a 98?

Hi, I want to be able to put a 99-2000 bumper on my 98 explorer and was wondering if this is all I need, or can I use my existing reinforcement bar? Thanks...
  3. S

98 explorer aftermarket headlight adjustment clips?

I'm guessing I got the newer diamond cut ones since i got them in September. The hole where the triangle tab would go is too small, if I try to make it a little bigger it'll break. I'm gonna hit up karl to see if he has any adjusters to try out.
  4. S

You hit the nail on the head celly. That's exactly my problem. The triangle tabs are what broke off the aftermarket, and the original ones from the ford wouldn't fit. The ones that karl sold you, did they fit perfectly?
  5. S

Never had the problem with the high beam sticking. It's the housing that's driving me nuts with the cheap adjusters and trying to get the cutoff perfect. One would be a little higher than the other.
  6. S

Can you provide me a link. We tried with the original adjusters that came with the car, and they were too big to fit. Can't trust myself or my friend drilling a hole. That's how good we are.
  7. S

It's a hassle. i should have just bought those ebay projector. The money spent on the morimoto mh1 with the morimoto ballast, bulbs and headlights make it almost not worth it. Atleast the morimoto ballasts and bulbs are great. Never had HID's and didn't want to blind anyone so i chose this...
  8. S

It looks like straight ass now. It's the horizontal adjuster. Broke them on both headlights. The clips on the aftermarket are so cheap it's not even funny. They're being held by zip ties. I don't even want to talk about it. I had a cousin from out of state that did them for me but the cut...
  9. S

HI, I had done a projector retrofit on my explorer a few weeks back and decided to adjust the headlights. On doing so i damaged one of the adjusters (snapped out from the headlights and broke). I tried using the original ones from the car but were to big to fit. The aftermarket lights were...
  10. S

1999 explorer front bumper on a 1998 possible?

Hi, I have a 1998 ford explorer xlt v8. My front bumper is cracked and was wondering if i can replace the one i have with one from the 1999 explorer with the round fogs? Would it mount on the same bumper reinforcement or would i also have to have the 99 bumper reinforcement? Reason I ask is...
  11. S

98 explorer fog light bulb options

Thanks. I'll give the 880's a try.
  12. S

Thanks for the reply. So there should'nt be any issues then? Is the light output weaker than an 893?
  13. S

Hi, I have a 1998 ford explorer and have a question about the fog light bulbs. Right now my fog light uses 893 bulbs. i was wondering if i can use the 880 bulbs in it's place. Reason I ask is because i have piaa extreme white plus on the head lights and want the fogs to match. Unfortunatly...
  14. S

1998 explorer fog light help

Hi, I guess i can try the splicing. Thanks.
  15. S

1998 explorer fog light help

Hi, I have a 1998 ford explorer with factory fog lights which are hazed and cracked. I went to order some depo replacement ones and were told they use h1 bulbs. The fogs i have now use the 893 bulbs, and was wondering if i need a new harness or adapter to get it to work. The person i spoke...
  16. S

1998 ford explorer 5.0 rear catalytic converter question

I'm getting them in the summer along with the x3 flasher from Henson. Can't wait.
  17. S

I was told it was a puncture in the manifold.
  18. S

I just wanted to thank everybody for your help. It was a leak.
  19. S

my neighbors brother tested the sensors with a pro2 oxygen sensor tester thing, and said they are all good.
  20. S

Where i live all these basterds are crooks. I don't know jack squat about cars except for replacing tires and putting gas. I have a mac exhaust and intake, i'm about to say the hell with this, get a x3 tuner, disable the rear 02's and get better performance. Car still drives the same. I get...
  21. S

Bought a scanner off craigslist and cleared it today. Do you think it's the fuel? I always put Bp or Exxon, but for the last couple of months i've been using Delta, as its cheaper.
  22. S

Sorry about that. Mechanic told me cat is done for, said the o2's are fine. He recommended factory instead of aftermarket, said it lasts longer. Is it true? Don't want to cough up $800. I live in Jersey and did inspection april of last year and i didn't see them looking under the car.
  23. S

I checked again and the code that came up was p0430-Cat Efficiency Below Thresholds Bank 2. Car has 138,x.. miles on original cats. I change all 02 sensors when the car had 115,000 miles. Went to a spot to see what they would tell me, and without looking at the cat, said it was a bad...
  24. S

guess i'll try that. What about those 02 simulators that connect to the sensor and the bung? Do Those work incase the cel doesn't go away? Saw one over at amazon for real cheap. Another question i have, is there a foul smell after the cats are removed?
Back