Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Tire Model and Size - Need opinions and pics

add the nitto terra grappler. http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Eterragrappler%2Eoverview
  2. D

Anyone have BFG All Terrains?

check out the Nitto Terra Grapplers, I have them and love them. stick to everything and are wearing well.
  3. D

285/75/16 tires on stock 3rd Gen

i never had that problem with mine. I had 265/70/17 never had any issues.
  4. D

What are the best tires for an Explorer?

Nitto Terra Grapplers!!!
  5. D

Traded in the explorer for an 07 Expedition

Traded in my explorer for an 07 eddie bauer expedition in carbon metallic. These trucks are awesome. It is night and day between my explorer. Has a whole lot more power and shifts smoothly. Reason for trading was, got fed up with having to take the damn thing to the dealership for...
  6. D

traded in the X

Traded in my explorer yesterday. Got a 07 Carbon Metallic Eddie Bauer Expedition. This truck is amazing, the fit and finish of the interior is far superior to that of the explorers. I'll get some pics up when i get some.
  7. D

Catback Exhaust???

More low end torque and feels like it has more power. Also noticed slightly improved gas mileage, about 1 mpg or so. Really helps on the highway. I used to get around 17.5 to 18 on highway, now I get around 19 or 20 if i stay below 75. Sorry i dont have any pics other than the ones in the...
  8. D

Catback Exhaust???

i've got the gibson, and its not very loud on the freeway. Its louder when the truck is in low revs 2-3000 Accelerating mainly. I have heard the gibson the the quietest, thats why i went with it. If you decide on it, it is worth replacing the tip that comes in the cat back package, with the...
  9. D

Plans for mods - your thoughts??

kkm intake or comparable. exhaust
  10. D

Thinking of getting an extended warranty on my 2005 Explorer any advice?

i have an 05, i bought to top end ford extended warranty, 5 yr 100K. It only cost $1300. You can negotiate the price down through the Dealerships finance department. They have enough say so to make it happen.
  11. D

Pics of 265/70/16 REVOS on 3rd gen

Actually 265/70/17 is the size that should have come on 3rd gens!!
  12. D

bull bar lights

anyone have any clue what color the parking lights wire that i need to tap into is?
  13. D

bull bar lights

that looks pretty difficult to figure out which wires go where. I think i am going to stick with the parking light configuration. any idea on an 05 what color the parking light wire is to tap into.
  14. D

bull bar lights

i'll try to the parking lights, probably less wires to deal with. thanks
  15. D

shock suggestions

Looking to improve my explorer by changing out the shocks. What shocks do you suggest, and if you have part numbers would be helpful as well? Thansk
  16. D

how to direct wire radar detector

how do you direct wire a radar detector? what do you usually tie into to get the power. Thanks
  17. D

bull bar lights

What is the correct way to wire the lights to the truck. currently mine are wired wrong, because my switch is lit even when the truck is off. How do I wire the lights to where they work only when the truck is turned on. Thanks. IF anyone has a simple diagram that shows how to do it and to...
  18. D

3rd Gen. Now appearing in 265s!

unfortunately its 2wd, but i have yet to get stuck. Love the bull bar, pretty sturdy and doesnt weight down the front.
  19. D

shock options

05 explorer 2wd. what are my options for new shocks on my truck. I have heard bilsteins are the best but are not made for 3rd gens. I dont want oem or monroe. What are the best alternates?
  20. D

3rd Gen Shock Options???

Does anyone have any thoughts on new shocks? Okay no responses. Someone has to know what the best alternatives for 3rd gens explorers are, other than the OEM shocks. HELPPPPPPP Please
  21. D

3rd Gen Shock Options???

Just like the Title reads, what are 3rd gens options for replacing the factory shocks. I was hoping Bilsteins had some that fit, but I have heard differently. ANy ideas???
  22. D

How to add "Bull bar" to 02 Mountaineer?

my lights dont even come close to my bumper. I probably have 2 inches of clearance maybe even more.
  23. D

the scoop on the flowmaster 40 series, Mac's 2.5" cat-back, JBA EVOL Cat-back.. best?

i went with the Gibson cat-back. Works very well, and sounds good too.
  24. D

Need a little advice about tire choices.

check out the Nitto Terra Grapplers, you will love them.
  25. D

How to add "Bull bar" to 02 Mountaineer?

if ytou had bought it from www.autoanything.com they give you free shipping and free lights, they usually have a special about once a month.
Back