• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. sml3

sml3

2. sml2

sml2

3. F

17x8 or 17x9 for Autocross

I dunno....... As Jimmie eludes to above, you kind of want to steer witht the throttle, but it's almost impossible to do with the Explorer at low speeds - not nearly enough horsepower. Depending on how it divides the torque - AWD might be the trick..... I had an AWD car once, and even with...
  4. F

Need 250 more HP's for that.......
  5. F

Hey bro, because I did this before you let me give you some tips. You should really try to get 18's if at all possible. Even if you get some crappy ones for the track use only (which is a good idea anyways). I had cobra R's (they rub in front without spacers) and Bridgestone HP's in 275/55/17's...
  6. F

Saleen Explorer

What's really interesting is that you probably could not even have one now - even if you wanted to or was willing to pay the freight for a used one. They are not around enough. Take it from one who tried....you can not recreate a Saleen. I spent more on Saleen mods than most of you guys spent...
  7. F

Low Side A/C Port

Refrigerants (12, 134a, 22, etc) do not get "used". They happilly go along in a cycle of condensing itno a liquid and evaporating back into a gas so long as they remin sealed and dry inside a refrigeration system. They are a blend of chemicals and do not wear out. You should never have to add...
  8. F

Back from NOPI!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Matt . . . . Remember this? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63445&highlight=Del+Sol F-ing Del Sol's!!!! This was the beginning of the end for me.... (I smoke 'em now, though!!!) .
  9. F

A Real Need For Speed

10. F

SALEEN EXPLORER

Mmmmmm......drool.....4-piston brake dust.... note the chrome James. I know this appeals to you....
  11. F

Just wanted to take a survey of who has Street Trucks?

Well.....I HAD one...that counts...kinda? And I believe I was the first "idiot" to install the Baumann.... I'm trying to find this pic of my X at Willow Springs Raceway coming out of turn 3 with the ass-end hanging out. The truck never had enough power to "steer with the gas pedal", but it...
  12. F

SALEEN EXPLORER

13. F

Need a Saleen XP8 Borla Exhaust

I found this while surfing.... He also has Co-co mats... http://www.haneymotorsport.com/One%20of%20a%20Kind.htm
  14. F

My turn to brag!

D, Looks great. is'nt Zmoyl great? I just did the same thing to he Beemers. I think they key is to wash with Dawn first to remove the old stuff. I did a dawn wash, then claybar with the Zymol detailer, then I washed it again using auto wash then I Zymol'd. It looks (and feels) amazaing.
  15. F

yet another sign that ebay is the anti-christ

Note: see Pontiac Aztek
  16. F

Porsche crash

FYI - after you originally posted this about 2 mos later I found a 1971 914-6 -and get this...it was the same green color as your (ex)! It was completely unmolsested; 2.0 six w/webers, great condition. The guy lived in Santa Barbara and was the 2nd owner. The 1971 and 1972 914-6 is a rare...
  17. F

probally krazy and impossible...but oh well its worth asking

Buy an Aztek. the "cooler console" is an option....
  18. F

big brakes

Also - more FYI: the original Saleen XP8 brake kit was made by Alcon and used 4-piston calipers. Even though the PBR/Cobra/Baer kit in "only" two piston, if memory serves, the pistons are much larger than stock.
  19. F

big brakes

If you eyeball my template you can see the amount of offset you need to mount the PBR rotor (it's the difference between the two holes on the face). Refernce only...
  20. F

big brakes

Sorry, I don't remember: Call Dave Vanek at Explorer Express tomorrow - he's the one who told me originally.
  21. F

big brakes

You can't get there from here.... John V at EE was working on a kit that used the older corvette calipers and rotors, but it got scrapped too ( and was AWD only). Give up and buy powerslot.
  22. F

New car pics

You are realy tempting me to make some sort of age-related/Buick LeSabre comment, aren't you????? Well, I'm not biting. I haven't been in trouble on the board for a couple of months - and I'm keeping it that way . . . thank you. j/k
  23. F

New car pics

Pretty much....A drift is usually under power -maintianing or gaining speed. A slide is ususally (out of control) decelerating or losing power. This is what my garage looks like now: Add the wife's VR6 Jetta (in the driveway). Dead Link Removed
  24. F

New car pics

I'm a male prostitute.....don't tell the wife. DINK: Dual Income, No Kids. I'm gonna be 40 this year (Stephen is older than me, right?), so I've served my "time". It was a point of diminishing returns for me, the longer I waited, the less the X was worth. I'd been trying to sell it for over a...
Back