Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

need some help! Xenon 8000k "HID Look" bulb questions

i was thinkin about just gettin a set of 10,000k, i want a bi-xenon for my highs but im sure just the 10,000k single HID would do me just fine for light output right?
  2. F

then do you guys know of any good affordable HID kits around, i've seen the cheap EBay kits but are those really worth it?
  3. F

so i've heard that those Xenon "HID" look-a-like bulbs you find on EBay or Amazon for 20 bucks, because of the different wattage of the bulb from stock wattage have a tendency to melt the wiring harnesses, is this true? has anyone on here ever tried these out? still use them? I have a 93 Ex so...
  4. F

6x9's in replace of stock 5x7 in 1st gen ex? possible?

well i have a 1,000 watt amp on 2 12's already, im goin for clarity like one of the other guys said, but also loudness
  5. F

well the head unit is junk, i can only tune like basic treble and bass to +6 and -6, it doesnt go in depth like some of the Panasonic ones do where u can actually cut all bass from the door speakers and use as a tweeter
  6. F

yeah i thought about that but i really dont feel like running more wires than i already have lol, i've ripped that truck apart so many times i lost count lol
  7. F

5x7's are on my JVC head unit, so like 50 watts a speaker
  8. F

sup guys, i really want to upgrade to 6x9's in replace of the stock size 5x7's in my 93 cuz i just need a bigger speaker cuz the max watts i can get in a 5x7 is 350 max and i want more because i keep going through speakers because i blast all my music lol so ive been wondering if it's possible...
  9. F

New push bar(pic)

got the same one man, these things kick ass!
  10. F

Street racing video trailer!

uhhhhhh ok
  11. F

Street racing video trailer!

Hey guys i've been working on a project film with my buddies and thier cars, we're filming sort of a documentary of the underground street racing scene in Connecticut, and here's the trailer so far! let me kno what you think! thanks (removed by Admin)
  12. F

Anyone have a pic or photoshop of these stock wheels painted black?

i just painted my wheels on my 93 flat black, there different style wheels but, i've seen your type of wheel on my buddies blazer painted black, i think it looked pretty good, im all for the blacked out look. those would be easy to paint too good luck bro
  13. F

Car Washing/Waxing/Detailing Tips?

try Meguiars new NXT Paste wax, i've used it myself and i havent used any other wax since, and even the spray NXT wax isnt bad either for after a quick wash
  14. F

parting out 94 in ma/ct

where in CT are you? cuz i live in CT, and i need a rear bumper, bumper plastics, rear lower left and right chrome panels, and the little license plate bulb cover?
  15. F

Cold Air Intake for 91-94 Explorers

yeah i eventually got it done, i had to drive all around the world because someone on here told me the universal adapter at autzone would work, lol, well it didnt, it nowhere near lined up with the screw holes on the maf housing, i couldnt even customize it there was no room to play with at all...
  16. F

so who told me that this would take 35 bucks and a half hour installation? lol
  17. F

so im good with the Spectre filter from autozone? for 25 bucks? lol
  18. F

yeah thats what i wanted was a k&n but just like you i dont wanna wait lol, so what do i do after i get it all on? whats the deal with the computer? do i let it sit and learn the new settings or what? someone told me that and i wasnt sure if it was tru, so help me out guys, cuz i wanna get this...
  19. F

ok so i need opinions or actual facts lol, but i wanna get on this filter, i have the maf adapter, but i gotta get a filter, should i go with Spectre? is that a good filter? saw it in autozone, good deal? or no and after it's all on, whats the deal with the computer? do i let it sit and learn...
  20. F

My new mods! (PICS)

noiceeee good luck dude!
  21. F

im confused now lol, i wasnt sure what those 2 little vacuum lines were and what i would do with them if i was to install a cone filter, then i read through this thread and found out so, idk haha sorry bro
  22. F

wait so, the maf sensor itself (im guessing is the black unit on top of the housing) so just get a larger housing? and it fits? I'm an Electrician, dont know much about auto lol so gimme some time to process all this :p: haha
  23. F

need advice/options for saving some fuel

hahahahaha im saving my lead foot for my F350 diesel ;) but yeah i've looked at the 40 series, and actually heard some, they sound sick how are the magnaflows? they sound close?
  24. F

need advice/options for saving some fuel

haha no i know with the lead foot trust me dude, but the 2nd thing i want it for is, how does it sound? mean?:D
Back