Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

are these just bulb replacements for hi/lo hid?

thanks guys, those look great. since i don't have enough time or funds to do it, ill have to hold off. oh well, time to look for something cheaper and less time consuming.
  2. W

cool, thank you very much
  3. W

http://www.xenonhidworlds.com/lights/catalog/Bi-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-Hi-Lo-p-16134.html i'v thought about putting hids on my wifes explorer. these show to be 9007 hi/lo and i'm wondering if you just take your bulb out and put these in place and get the ballasts hooked up and your ready...
  4. W

Which exhaust system for '99 SOHC

i put a magnaflow ($125 i think from the muffler shop) on my sons 98 mountineer. since the orginal muffler was dual in/single out they used a magnaflow muffler that was single in/dual out, but since the magnaflow can be installed backwards and still work like it should i went with it. the truck...
  5. W

vaccum line diagram for 98 sohc

can anybody take a pic of their vaccum diagram under the hood for the 4.0 sohc motor and send it to me please. still trying to figure the vaccum lines out. you can email it to me cityredneck1976 at gmail.com
  6. W

vaccum line diagram for 98 sohc

hey guys, it's been a long time since i'v been on the site. we just bought a 98 mountaineer 2wd 4.0l sohc. the guy had the motor replaced. when the truck is cold it starts up and jumps to 3500rpm with alot of bucking and sputtering, after it warms up it idles around 1300-1500rpm...
  7. W

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

the spring on my truck broke also. got to the point the door wouldn't unlock. i ended up finding the spring broken and used a spare spring from the little bin of nicknaks and a zip strip. works like new again.
  8. W

Tire Brands?

i'm using yokohoma geolander ht/s (g51) and they are a great tire so far. excellent wet traction, pretty decent looking tread, and it is a 60k mile tire. no road noise at all. i paid about $500 for 4 at discount with all the normal road/hazard and what not. i wish i could have afforded the...
  9. W

doors dont lock properly

mine started doing that when the car battery started showing it's age. about a month or two later we had to replace the battery.
  10. W

texas/ north texas?

i live in south arlington and work in richardson.
  11. W

How Many Miles to a Tank?

i almost get the same as aldive. i fill up on monday with 1/4 tank left and usually have about 460+ miles on my tank. if i tried i might get 500 miles out of a tank. keep up the good work aldive. :thumbsup: edit: BTW i top off the tank everytime.
  12. W

How Many Miles to a Tank?

i'v been getting about 23 mpg out of mine since i drive it to work now. 95% highway with cruise control set to 65 mph. drive about 90 miles round trip. kinda surprised about it also.
  13. W

bought the wife an expedition ('01)

it has been a long time since i'v been to this site. ever since moving into our house there has been no free time. work has allowed overtime so i'm sucking as much as i can out of them due to the rarity. but i'v got a few minutes and just had to tell somebody that we, i mean, the wife has a...
  14. W

what tips should i get for my exhaust

these are the tips i have. nothing fancy, but they work.
  15. W

ATTN: Flowmaster Dual 40 Series Owners

i also kept the spare, i have one pipe coming out each side of the truck. i think some places call the way it exits as "outlaw" pipes?
  16. W

ATTN: Flowmaster Dual 40 Series Owners

i used a single in/dual out flowmaster 40, but you can get two single in/out flows, and have the muffler shop use a y-pipe before the mufflers. i think someone has done this before. they had to 'stand' the mufflers on the sides. i'm not sure if this reply is what your trying to ask or not...
  17. W

What the H3LL is this?

did anybody notice: Superior Quality: The Supercharger is made of solid steel but then: Our Custom built Supercharger Features - * Tough Reinforced Plastic Housing -------------- i guess the solid steel would be parts of the electric motor and screws.
  18. W

They Do Roll!! I Don't Know How I Survived...

i am glad you and your daughter are ok. i know you had a hard time getting the truck perfect, and now it is heartbreaking to see, let alone hear about this happening. i'm very glad y'all are ok.
  19. W

$12.99 Autozone Shakles- Who's used them?

i got them on our 97. i put them over the factory shackles and for the orginal location the spring was at i put a pipe with a bolt through it for extra measure. so far it has been that way for over a year.
  20. W

KC Daylighter

i bought one of these at pep boys for $20 i think. i have yet to use it right now. package claims it will handle 330W of power.
  21. W

Mustang Bullet Wheels....Won't Fit!...Yet...

from what i hear you'll need a spacer, not sure what size though.
  22. W

Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04

i was wondering why he hadnt been posting. thats jon for taking care of us. :chug:
  23. W

My 700R4 went in today

please keep us all informed. i might do this later down the road.
  24. W

Suspension Lift 99 2wd Explorer

since they have seemed to have covered most of the basic stuff; i'll just say glad to have another arlington person on the boards. rex
  25. W

Spare Tire

i think i'v seen it posted that 31's will fit in a spare location.
Back