Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Front end rebuild questions

I am probably going to buy the 4x4 ones and take the risk. I'm sure they will work though. And yeah my Explorer is lifted up on 33's so I definitely won't buy on eBay. Thanks for your input Romeoville. Much appreciated.
  2. K

Front end rebuild questions

Hey guys, I got a couple of questions I need to know for sure before I set the light to green on my front end rebuild. I really need to know if I can use 4x4 Explorer upper control arms w/ ball joints on my 2wd Explorer. Reason I ask is I want to use Moog or another reputable brand for...
  3. K

Ordered Lift for my Explorer, but have some questions.

I already have all my lift components in the mail, so I don't need the springs. I just don't have the extra do-dads that come in the box kit. Thanks Corkey for the help. I'm glad I went ahead and asked and not waited to find out while installing it. That would have sucked.
  4. K

So do I need to order the rear box kit from Superlift? Because now that i think about it, I'll probably need longer U-bolts and a sway-bar extension and stuff... Possibly longer brake lines?? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLF-1147/ Is that what I need? or should I just go ahead and order...
  5. K

Hey guys, like the title says, I have ordered all my lift components. but I have some questions because I probably will be installing it myself with my brothers help. First Question: I ordered the 4in Superlift rear leafs from Summit racing because it was a WHOLE LOT cheaper, but it's just...
  6. K

Which 5-speed should I aim for?

i want to say that the r1hd is needed for the 4.0sohc models because of the power increase over the OHV 4.0's
  7. K

96 Sport - Restoration?

I say get it anyways...even if it means waiting to get it inspection-worthy because thats a helluva deal on an explorer 4x4
  8. K

Best Snow Tire

just a suggestion but you might wanna check out the interco/super swamper trxus STS tire http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=12&g=1 it not only is supposedly a good tire if you spend alot of time on the road but also excels in sand and snow... ill probably be getting some when i...
  9. K

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

^ what he said :popcorn:
  10. K

MAJOR cat problem. possible impound? PLEASE HELP!!

i dont know if this is of any help http://www.car-sound.com/02product/02california.asp thats thats the cali catalog and they have one for your car so it should be legal
  11. K

my 97 5.0 prerunner

the ex looks *****in man how much lift? what is all in the lift TT, body-lift, spindles? whats the tire size?
  12. K

What would you buy for your Explorer if you had $2,500?

^ I agree... if i had $2500 to blow... a quality LT suspension lift is what i would do dixionbrothers makes an awesome 4x4 LT suspension but if not that headers, full exhaust, air intake, and chip that and convert from AWD to just 4WD
  13. K

Manual transmission shifter extension

Someone else correct me if im wrong but im almost positive that the PA883 body lift kit comes with a shifter extender
  14. K

Hurst Short Shifter

cool thanks guys
  15. K

Hurst Short Shifter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurst-3915020-Manual-Shifter-Billet-Plus-Ford-Ranger_W0QQitemZ330316907726QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330316907726&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318 Is that the correct one to order for my 2002...
  16. K

99 Sport

nice man :cool: i got a 2002 sport thats a 5 speed with the 4.0 SOHC... its alot of fun you should get this http://www.jegs.com/p/Hurst/755847/10002/-1 says its for a ranger but we have the same trannys i know ill be getting one with this comming up paycheck good luck with...
  17. K

Quick exhaust questions

my exhaust has 2.25" piping even i asked and wanted 2.5" im pretty sure 2.25" is stock size but mine is a cat-back with duel out with 3.5" tips... it really isnt that loud and it doesnt drone bad at all... but it really sounds good if you give it a kick in the ass 94 X i think you...
  18. K

Quick exhaust questions

View My Video theres a video of my exhaust...i have a 2002 sport its got the SOHC 4.0 like you have its a flowmaster super 40
  19. K

Picture of my halfway done spindle install

dude that looks tight man! :eek: :thumbsup: what spindles did you use? do you have a body lift? or TT? cause im eventually get some as well... OH and what size are those tires?
  20. K

flowmaster super 40! (video)

yeah when i get headers.. im gonna redo the exhaust with 2.5in piping all the way through with 2 magnaflow cats
  21. K

yeah i had to ditch it and it got annoying hopping around in the back so i took it out... i want to get a roof rack with a spare mount... but i figure when i get headers ill open up the piping alittle more....
  22. K

to tell you the truth there really isnt a drone... there is only a slight drone if you have your radio totally off...and even then its not even annoying... very happy with the set-up
  23. K

well ive been meaning to post a video of my new exhaust i got a couple days before christmas... specs: -flowmaster super 40 catback -2.25in piping (wanted 2.5) but i like 2.25 -3.5in tips -single in dual out P.S. dont mind the shirtless-ness :p: View My Video View My Video
  24. K

Explorer Sport Suspension Lifts

your welcome thermobulk, ohm heres a link with all the explorer sports on car domain some are lifted, some are lowered,and some are stock http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Ford/Explorer%20Sport
  25. K

Explorer Sport Suspension Lifts

i think ive seen that thread you where talking about... yeah $2300 is a little steep...which is why im almost glad i have a 2wd cause lifts are cheaper... but 4wd rules so i cant be 100% on that but i believe you will be plenty glad which new coil overs and a BL w/ some 33's i just wasnt...
Back