Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

4x4 Not WORKING!

Dammn!!!!!!!! Blown hubs and ripped the valve stems off?:eek: That thought had never entered my mind. I think I would totally lose it if I ripped the stems off trying to get out of mud.:( I will definitely keep that in mind. Tim
  2. J

Should I paint my rear swaybar?

Wow Doc ! Did you just have the underside detailed? :D Mine hasn't looked like that since it was new ! If you keep it that clean, painted may look alright. Tim
  3. J

auto locks, now i hate them...

When I am working on my vehicle or jumping out only for a minute with the keys in it, I leave a window down enough that I can get my arm in. If I accidently hit my electrics,at least I can get my arm in to open it. I've been there and done that! :rolleyes: Tim
  4. J

Installing a factory hitch

Are you installing a new one or re-installing the one they took off? If your re-installing, I would look for some mounting holes that would match the holes in the hitch. If it's a new one and there are no holes to align,it could be the wrong hitch(assuming you already have one) or you may have...
  5. J

Rancho 5000s kick butt!

I'll put in a good word for them. I haven't done anything that's broke em' or bent em' and they aren't leaking! I like the 5000's. Tim
  6. J

Temp Gauge Rising then falling

Yep. My guess would be the thermostat. It may be coincidence that it started happening as soon as it got cold. Not too bad to do yourself, although I'm not sure about the 99's. I wouldn't drive it too much, with it not opening properly. You could cause some serious damage. Tim
  7. J

Truck died while idling, battery gauge low

It sounds like it could be your alternator,if your gauge is giving a low reading. It might not be charging your battery. Most autoparts stores (Autozone,PepBoys,etc) will check your battery and alternator for free. That would be your best bet. When dealing with the electrical system,any one of...
  8. J

MY WEBSITE IS UP!!!!!!

Nice ! Looks like mine in a year or 2 :D Did yours come with a factory roof rack or did you put that on yourself? I will need to do a 2" body lift to get those tires on. Looking good ! Tim
  9. J

It's done! I have my own X

InS0mNiAc - you need to go back to sleep or is it go to sleep?:D Tim
  10. J

It's done! I have my own X

Congrats! Welcome to the site. Try the search option to learn about any mods,help with problems or learn about your X. You will find info on just about everything. This is a great website! Post some pics!!!!!! Let's see it!!!! Tim
  11. J

What is the "super cool" on an Explorer?

Will it work? Is this a bolt on deal? Do you change the whole assembly or just the fan? I noticed the other day I have the same cracks going on with my 94. How much do they run? Tim
  12. J

Which brand of tires do you run

Pirelli Scorpion A/T I have the 30 x 9.50 Pirelli Scorpion A/T's and yesterday I went to some property I have on the Eastern Shore. It had been raining all day so the dirt road we have going to it was a mess. The road is about a mile and 1/2 long and it was about 3-4 inches of mud. I was...
  13. J

thermostat

Mine runs somewhere between O & R. I think it gets close to R & then drops down to O. I guess thats about right. It seems to run both sides of the O. Thats about normal for mine. I hope this helps. Welcome to the site! Tim
  14. J

Help! Anyone out there have one speaker fail?

Thanks I will check out the HU connections and the speaker soon. Also they are still the stock speakers (I guess? It's used.) A loose connection makes sense, since it doesn't happen all the time, or at least I don't hear it when I turn it up! ;) Tim
  15. J

i give up... 96 2wd vibration...

I never noticed before, but this thing affects all years. Looking at the the other thread, it seems that everyone from 91-up has this problem. Some people have practically rebuilt their whole front end trying to make it stop. Did everone have this problem from day 1? I bought mine used and...
  16. J

Vibration Information

Yes - still shakin! 60-65 (before & after smooth) Things I've tried so far- new tires new shocks rebalance tires replace,repack,new bearings and races alignment checked and greased everything that can be greased! :confused: Tim
  17. J

Help! Anyone out there have one speaker fail?

Not sure ,but it sounds like a short or it could just be blown! As for 1995, my rear passenger is doing the same thing. There are times when it just will hiss(sounds like the ocean!)at low volume,but then it will kick in and be fine. It may be a short or getting ready to blow. I will probably...
  18. J

Tire Deflators

Ok now that we know what pressures offroaders use,which type of tire deflator do you use? I've found a couple. Oasis, Staun, QuickAire and even found a spot on homemade deflators. Which do you use/like or recommend and why. This question seemed to get passed over in my "Airing Down" thread, so I...
  19. J

Zymol - amazing results

I use Zymol too. I am very satisfied with the results. It is very easy to work with and the shine lasts. It tooks out most of my swirling in the paint. Tim
  20. J

More Power - Guaranteed!

I bet you WOULD notice some exciting changes,but I don't think they would be good. Tim
  21. J

Give me 12 Songs with great bass!

RUSH - CYGNUS X - 1 FROM FAREWELL TO KINGS ! Blew my first set of speakers ! (way back when...) Tim
  22. J

Airing down tires

Which method ? What method, or what devices do you use/recommend for airing down tires? How do they work?
  23. J

Airing down tires

Here's an interesting article.. http://www.4x4now.com/sfjun96.htm Tim
  24. J

Airing down tires

36 x 12.50 Swampers !:eek: :eek: I could fit em' if I took my fenders off!;) Now theres a goal to shoot for !:D :bounce: Tim
  25. J

Now what should i do?

Did you reset the computer after installing the new MAF? Just a thought...... Tim
Back