08 Ltd. rear AC line leak. Need bypass kit info. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

08 Ltd. rear AC line leak. Need bypass kit info.

pjw73nh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 LTD
I have been trying to search on the phrase "rear air conditioning" But it returns any post with any of the 3 words in it. I have tried searching for tags "rear a/c" and "Rear AC" and found two posts. Is there a means of searching a full phrase on this forum? Some use boolean, some use quotes... I have searched the faq. Can't find out how.

My 2008 money pit is at it again. This time it's the rear AC. The rear AC line (not sure which one) directly under the front passenger door has a leak. A bad one. From the diagrams, it looks to be part number 19835B (YF3180) and/or 19867B (YF3525). I don't care about the rear AC. I never use it. The lines are available online ranging from about $65 each to $150 each. Of course I'd need a full evac and recharge after installing them. I was under the car today for an hour (on a lift). If the car was on a lift, the job would be challenging. The fittings and mounting brackets are hard to get at, though they did not look too rusted. On the ground (where I would be doing it) it would be next to impossible. The lines are long and need to be "threaded" into place.

I am told there are kits available that will "cut off" or "bypass" the rear evaporator. They supposedly mount someplace up front before the underbody lines (that leak). They are made for exactly this purpose. I have no idea what they are called, or where to get one (if one is even made for this vehicle).

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Yep. That's what I was talkin' 'bout. I searched AC bypass. I guess "block" works too. Thanks.

Yep. That's what I was talkin' 'bout. I searched AC bypass. I guess "block" works too. Thanks.

no problem glad to help.

Back