19 or 20 inch white 5 spokes? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

19 or 20 inch white 5 spokes?

Im bein lazy and in a hurry here so I hope it wasnt already covered. I was reading up on powder coating, and alot of times small scrapes and scratches can be filled in and youll never know with the powder coating. I would check ebay and some want ads for cobras that have a mild case of curb rash, possibly save enough to pay for the powdercoat job (or close to it).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure PurPony does powdercoating. Ask him what it would cost.

i think he quoted me 40 per rim, but i forget.. im sure he'll chime in soon

thats cheap! shipping could hurt though too. i'll have to maybe find someone closer if i can find some 20" wheels that i want powdercoated.

Drew-
Theres a guy in Plymouth that does powdercoating cheap. I had him do some stuff for me last summer.
The place is called Powder Coating Technologies I think.

The guy really did great work, and he bent over backwards to be helpful. I highly recommend him.
Heres their site:
http://www.powdercoatingtech.com/

I'd give them a call and see what they can do for you.

PS Get some 20s man, they would look soo bad ass on your truck if they were white.

i'll give him a call next monday.

i don't know where i'll find 20s that i like for cheap though, but i'll look

I dont know man, white 20"s are seeming like an awful lot of troublesome extra effort to me....I would personally just go with some Saleen/ Saleen replicas and forget the 20" deal; however the size of my wheel isnt personally that important to me, just the handleing benefits that come with it are....

same with the ride quality- and traction both at the track and in the winter (i'll be running these year round)

but there are advantages to the bigger ones too...

That's what she said.

Ooooooh bigger rims, oops

off topic... my rim choice

If R's are 17 X 9 with a 5.95 backspace is it logical to say getting a rim 17 X 8 with a 4.95-5.00 backspace would provide a similar stance/wheelwell clearance? I think it is just want others opinions. I'm finaaly gonna order my centerlines but want the final word from my peers. Oh yeah they are centerline coronas, check em out in summit, theyre b@d@ss.
:D

I still vote 20 inch 5 spokes that are powdercoated white. They will fill the wheel well nicely, but they will also have enough rubber to retain ride quality.

Just my 2 cents

Jed

oreokid220@aol.com

what do i use for lug nuts?

the place with the wheels doesn't have them in white to match and i didn't find any by searching the net?

what do i do? don't the real saleen's have white ones?

couldnt you get those powdercoated as well? wouldnt cost much, prob free if you get the wheels done at the same time

thats true, but doesn't help much if i get the saleen wheels.

maybe i could send purpony (he does this right?) money and he could order lug nuts and powdercoat them and then ship them to me...

there has to be a place to buy them on the net though- there's also the possibility of issues of fitment- the stock ones wouldn't fit on my kmc's etc.

drew- you're AWD. you wont have traction issues with 20's. (unless you have a Troll-esque buildup in mind).

the way everything else is going it wouldn't surprise me much (even though it definitely isn't the plan) i just keep surprising myself with the next mod and keep doing stuff i didn't plan on ever doing.

The Saleen's did not come with white lugs, although if you really want them, i cant imagine there not being some place on the internet that sells them.
Even if you, a) bought some white lugs (which are probably powercoated anyway or b) powdercoated some normal lugs, wouldn't the white chip away after a couple of times of removing the wheel?

Originally posted by STANN
...wouldn't the white chip away after a couple of times of removing the wheel?
Thats what I was thinking.

so i just use chrome?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be honest. I bought chrome lugs for mine and I dont even see them. They are so recessed in the wheel you cant see them.

Back