1995 rims on a 2002 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 rims on a 2002 explorer

I have a 1995 2wheel Drive Explorer with 15 inch rims and 31 inch BF GoodRich All Terrain Tires and also have a 2002 with 16 inch factory rims with some stupid tires called jetzons yes i have no idea that is how i bought the Exporer...
I want to know if I can take my 15 inch rims and tires off my 1995 explorer and put them onto my 2002 explorer and put my 16 inch rims and tires onto my 1995 explorer because I am going to sell my explorer asap..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can try but you might have problems with brake clearance... you can test fit them and see if anything rubs.

you think the 31's will fit also....

If you're talking about a 4 door '02 then no. The minimum is 16". Front and rear will not fit. Tried, fail, ready to get out the grinder ;)

3rd gen. have 12" front rotors, and almost 12" rear rotors. They require about 15.3" of wheel diameter. Meaning Ford likes to have almost an inch of wheel clearance, but not an inch. Oh well.
Don

They would fit with out the dust shield as far as brakes go. But it rubs badly on the control arms (the vertical thingies that connect the two a-arms together, can't remember their name).

thanks all for the suggestions i will just go buy the 16's and keep the 31's on the 1995 I am selling..

Back