Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2001 Explorer XLT Heritage Edition?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by XLTrunner, January 14, 2020.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. XLTrunner

XLTrunner Active Member

City, State:
    MN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1998 Explorer XLT 4.0SOHC
    Here's a new one for me...was at the local U Pull when they brought in a red 2001 (11/00 build date) 4-dr XLT. Looked like any other until I looked inside and the black leather seats had "Heritage Edition" stitched in red lettering on the seat backs (think Eddie Bauer and Limited style stitching). I didn't see any other special interior adornments or options that would differentiate it from a std XLT. It did have the Reverse/Backup sensors and wide lower body moldings in gray; along with std running boards. Forgot to check to see if it had a tranny cooler as part of a Tow Pkge. I guess this is what you got for the "Heritage Edition" option? I've scoured the internet for information on this option and have come up empty. Good looking vehicle with only 119K miles showing and little body rust. T-stat housing sure had been leaking, though...lol!

Last edited: January 14, 2020
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. koda2000

koda2000 Explorer Addict

x
    Wasn't there a Heritage Edition F150? Maybe that's were the seats came from. I can't imagine there would have been a special edition XLT Explorer.

4. XLTrunner

XLTrunner Active Member

City, State:
    MN
    1998 Explorer XLT 4.0SOHC
    The thought entered my mind...but, everything about the seats was correct for Explorers and the fabric matched the rear seats. Maybe it was a Regional sales marketing gimmick?