2002 AC high pressure lines shot - "can't be fixed." | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 AC high pressure lines shot - "can't be fixed."

GBPolivka

Reaction score
City, State
Owings Mills MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 V8 4WD
The AC pressure line from the front to the rear is leaking refrigerant, and the part is no longer available from Ford. They say the air conditioning just can't be fixed. Anyone have any experience with this? 2002 Explorer V8 4X4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, that's stupid that they don't supply them anymore. You could probs pull one out of a junker...

I have a friend who had similiar issues with a dodge van, the dealership had someone local to make some up. Im pretty sure you could do the same.

I just had the hose between the condensor and compressor let go on my 2000 and the part was too hard for my mechanic to find, so a local hydrolic equipment operating store fab'd one up for him in a few hours.

There are aftermarket companies that make direct replacement lines too.

Many Napa, commercial truck /auto parts retailers and hydraulic service shops (as mentioned) have the equipment and supplies to rebuild your lines. If you bring the old line(s) in they will know the length, type of hose and may even be able to reuse the connectors.

BTW, I don't think national chains like PepBoys, Autozone etc will accommodate.

I had the line on the high pressure side blow on my Cobra. There is a company local here called Hose Man who I had replace the rubber hose. I think I paid about $100 to have them do both sides. I just removed the lines and took them to them. I'm sure there is someone local to you that does the same thing. Here is the website for the one I used. I took it to their Ontario location.

http://www.hose-man.com/sys-tmpl/door/

Back