2011 ranger side mirrors on 2nd gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 ranger side mirrors on 2nd gen

Musiqizme

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer xls
Anyone know if these will fit and if i can mabe do a little rewiring to make them functional?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know if these will fit and if i can mabe do a little rewiring to make them functional?

are you guys talking about a 2nd gen explorer or ranger?

Sorry just for clarification i have a 2000 ford explorer and i want to put the 2011 ranger side mirrors on.

i know there squarer then the explorer but do they come with directional arrows built it or something??

Different trim level rangers have different mirrors. Some with partly painted, defrost and power along with lit signals. I got mine already painted and had defrost and under lighting. The defrost doesn't work because my explorer didn't come factory with mirror defrost.

Different trim level rangers have different mirrors. Some with partly painted, defrost and power along with lit signals. I got mine already painted and had defrost and under lighting. The defrost doesn't work because my explorer didn't come factory with mirror defrost.

So can you provide pics i would love to see this, im thinking about getting the ones partially painted with defrost and the turn signal, i just got to rewire and figure out how to make the turn signal functional but im sure there a way, i have defrost already, and i can get theses from a yard and get the pig tail from the ranger and rewiring.

So can you provide pics i would love to see this, im thinking about getting the ones partially painted with defrost and the turn signal, i just got to rewire and figure out how to make the turn signal functional but im sure there a way, i have defrost already, and i can get theses from a yard and get the pig tail from the ranger and rewiring.

Ill get a pic when I can. The truck isnt at my house right now. Its being worked on so when I can. It made the truck look much more edgy. I didnt bother with turn signals and crap because the truck is mainly off road so there is no point for me to wire anything. I havent seen anyone do it on an explorer besides myself but I have seen it on a few older rangers.

Ill get a pic when I can. The truck isnt at my house right now. Its being worked on so when I can. It made the truck look much more edgy. I didnt bother with turn signals and crap because the truck is mainly off road so there is no point for me to wire anything. I havent seen anyone do it on an explorer besides myself but I have seen it on a few older rangers.

Thx! I cant wait!

Unless Ford changed the doors on the later Rangers, the mirrors won't bolt onto a Gen2 Sploder.

I bought 96 Limited mirrors (heated) for my 98 Ranger, even though I could see they didn't 'really' fit. After screwing around for a couple of weeks, I decided they would look like h*ll... (Power mirrors for Rangers are thin on the ground here.) I did find 2 Rangers in the local pickapart: both rolled. Got the mounting flanges and bezels (cracked), cut and spliced the Sploder mirrors and pivots to the Ranger mount flanges. More work than I would recommend, esp for a Sploder owner... you should be able to get proper parts a lot easier.

Bob in IDaho

none

Hi did you get a chance to get those pics?

Im interested in pics also.

Any update on pics?

So did anybody get any info on this topic?

I re-drilled one of the holes because the mirror was clocked wrong and it didnt line up prefectly but it was not far off at all and the harness plugged right in. I made a few marks to insure it was clocked correctly and drilled a new hole. Fit right in with no prob and looks great. I dont have a pic, my truck has been in the shop for a few months now due to reconstruction. Sorry, Ill see if my fab guy can take a pic and send it to me.

Great i got a deal on a pair of 2011 side mirrors for $180 shipped to my door they will be on soon hopfully im having a body shop install them and paint the caps for me. so they are plug and play huh?

Any update here, from either of you guys? I'd love to upgrade the stock mirrors on my 97.

picsorstfu.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back