Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2018 Platinum Extended Cargo Cover?

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Eirerogue, October 12, 2018 at 10:59 AM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Eirerogue

Eirerogue New Member

City, State:
      San Antonio Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2018 Explorer Platinum
      I have a 2018 Platinum with 2nd row bucket seats. Is anyone aware of an aftermarket cover I could place OVER the folded buckets to extend the flat cargo area? Need the space for some large dogs!! Appreciate any advice!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
      You would need something very sturdy if you don't have the 2nd row console. I, or rather one of my dogs, found that out a while ago. I have a second cargo liner that I kept from a previous MKT and find it very useful in covering the folded seats when I'm loading yard waste etc. One day while I had that cover pushed up and in place one of the dogs walked over the area where there is a space between the buckets and the cover sunk in along with the dog. I don't have the 2nd row console so there was no support in that area. Here is a post that shows what one member used. If you contact the manufacturer perhaps they might have something similar for the bucket seats. I know there are other pictures here as well. Good luck. My New Explorer

Peter

4. Grok

Grok New Member

City, State:
      JACKSONVILLE
      2018 Ford Explorer Sport
      Plywood and a jigsaw? Then cover with appropriately tough/thick rubber and finally a rugged washable fabric. I'm curious what solution you come to. I have an 80 lbs American Bulldog, but only one, so he gets the entire cargo area full time. We haven't seen the 3rd-row seats since right after purchase.