• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Hybrid Ordered

awight

Reaction score
City, State
Pleasanton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Sienna XLE
Question for you. I recently placed an order for a hybrid. I have an order number, but no VIN number. For those of you who already have VINs, how long did it take between placing the order and receiving the VIN?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question for you. I recently placed an order for a hybrid. I have an order number, but no VIN number. For those of you who already have VINs, how long did it take between placing the order and receiving the VIN?

Thanks!

I have created your own Order status thread.

There is no perfect or exact answer. It can vary widely. For those who ordered early, there are several of us that have a build week. But that doesn't necessarily mean much being it really depends on how many orders Ford has in the system pending.

Thanks for moving it to the right place, apologies for the inconvenience. Also thanks for the information.

Do they assign VINs at the same time they schedule the builds? From your answer I got that impression.

Thanks!

Thanks for moving it to the right place, apologies for the inconvenience. Also thanks for the information.

Do they assign VINs at the same time they schedule the builds? From your answer I got that impression.

Thanks!

Ford accepts the order first, assigns the VIN shortly after under normal circumstances, then schedules the build week (can change depending on options, delays and issues at the plant). As it gets closer to the build week, it will be assigned a.build day.

Once built, Ford releases it to the shipping company and you are then at their mercy to get it to the dealer.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't believe there is any relationship between the assignment of the VIN and the build date other than that the VIN is assigned first. Once the build date is assigned, the Window Sticker should be available about 5 days prior to the actual build.

Peter

Thank you both! I'll give it a week or so and then see if the dealer has gotten the VIN.

Really appreciate the information! Very helpful

I don't understand having orders made when their are no leasing numbers yet available. I know you can build one and the numbers are high. I have an plan and many other perks that will get me a nice lease number. Most dealer don't even know what they will pay for it. It's been a few month that the Ranger and just the other day the leasing numbers were out. I hope to get the 2020MYEX Platinum.

In my case, the dealer gave me a quote, including a discount. I'm not planning to lease, just pay cash.

I found myself suddenly in the market for a new car when I was rear-ended on the freeway a few weeks ago. Fortunately I've been able to borrow a car from some family members. I spent a few weeks test driving different SUVs, enjoyed the '19 Explorer quite a bit and then realized how much better the '20 will be. So now I'm just rooting for production to go smoothly! I realize it's going to be a while though...

Can a 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid be configured with bench seats in the 2nd row? Doesn't seem to allow me to do that o the website. Only available on Limited version, too?

Can a 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid be configured with bench seats in the 2nd row? Doesn't seem to allow me to do that o the website. Only available on Limited version, too?

XLT and Platinum only.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is a thread that shows the 2020 Explorer Order Guide which shows what is available on which trims.

Peter

Seems bonkers to only offer the hybrid version in a 6-seater, but that's what it is.

Seems bonkers to only offer the hybrid version in a 6-seater, but that's what it is.

It's to reduce weight :bounce:

Neither Limited trim has the bench seat option and neither does the ST.

Peter

Just wanted to drop in and say that this week I got my VIN #. The dealer said the scheduled build week is June 15th--it was nice to find out that hybrids are in fact being scheduled, I was a little worried about that. I'm not able to see the build date on the order tracking website, hopefully that will show up as we go along.

Best wishes to the folks in Chicago! Go CAP :)

Did you have to buy a 6-seater?

Yes (although I didn't try to do anything else, as that's what I wanted)

Yes (although I didn't try to do anything else, as that's what I wanted)

I've talked to several dealers who said that isn't possible with a hybrid! Lucky you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've talked to several dealers who said that isn't possible with a hybrid! Lucky you!

Order guide says it is. In fact, all Limiteds can only get the 6 seater. Bench only in XLT and Platinum.

Back