2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production

My long wait is about over. Build of Explorer Limited Hybrid 4WD was 12/22/2019. Tracking information is:
TrkInfo--1-9-2020.gif

So, thanks for the ability to create and post this thread. I'll leave it for others wishing all of them a successful new Ford or Lincoln.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would not count your chickens just yet. My Aviator was built on 2019-12-04 with an etaEndDate of 2019-12-28, didn't happen. It got sent to Detroit for QC. For quite awhile it went to the end date of 1990-01-01, Just today, it showed up with a new etaEndDate of 2020-01-28, It also shows it's been released for shipping. My dealer told me last week that it was back from QC, was ready to ship but had not yet been assigned to a rail car.

The adventure continues...... :(

Dealer has received same information about delivery date. Also, the "13 days" in the Tracking App was 14 days yesterday. I hope that the information is correct and will report when it finally arrives at the dealer.

Dealer has received same information about delivery date. Also, the "13 days" in the Tracking App was 14 days yesterday. I hope that the information is correct and will report when it finally arrives at the dealer.

Good luck!!! :)

I'm quite anxious that mine was sent to QC......

Delivery now shows arrival in 12 days at my dealers location.

Mine still has not made it on to a rail car......

Update -- Status now shows "In Transit" and expected at dealer in 12 days. That's January 28th. It normally comes by rail to about 140 miles from my local dealer and then by truck. I hope this delivery date holds and that yours gets to Utah as fast as possible.

Update -- Status now shows "In Transit" and expected at dealer in 12 days. That's January 28th. It normally comes by rail to about 140 miles from my local dealer and then by truck. I hope this delivery date holds and that yours gets to Utah as fast as possible.

It's still not been shipped. It came back from QC two weeks ago and has been sitting in a parking lot since. The tracking page says the primary status is "awaiting shipment". Got an etaEndDate of 1/28 but it isn't going to make that either, 13 days isn't enough to get it from Chicago to a dealer in Colorado Springs..... :(

Mine just changed from "Awaiting Shipping" to "In Transit" today and shows arrival in 12 days and "Dealer Delivery Est.1/28/2020", the same day as yours. If it comes by rail to Denver, couldn't it be in Colorado Springs by the 28th? Earlier, when I was trying to keep up with what's going on, it appeared that a large section of the country got the Explorer Limited Hybrid RWD's all at or around the same date. I wonder if that is what they may be doing again with January 28th deliveries.

Mine just changed from "Awaiting Shipping" to "In Transit" today and shows arrival in 12 days and "Dealer Delivery Est.1/28/2020", the same day as yours. If it comes by rail to Denver, couldn't it be in Colorado Springs by the 28th? Earlier, when I was trying to keep up with what's going on, it appeared that a large section of the country got the Explorer Limited Hybrid RWD's all at or around the same date. I wonder if that is what they may be doing again with January 28th deliveries.

Mine just changed to "in transit" with the etaEndDate remaining at 1-28. Still no ship date but there is a "17" notation so maybe it'll go out tomorrow????

Fingers crossed.

Oh, I thought all the Hybrids were AWD not RWD?

Intelligent 4 Wheel Drive is a $2195 option. Rear wheel drive is standard.

Peter

Excellent news for me; the order sheet/tracking has now been updated with a shipping date of 1-15, in transit date of 1-17 and an eta to the dealer of 1-28. I was beginning to believe it'd never happen. Now if it's "clean" after it's trip to QC, I will really be pleased.....

Mine is still on track, "In Transit", with 10 days to go and with "Dealer Delivery Est.. 1/28/2020". I am looking forward to tomorrow when the days to delivery drops down to a single digit number. It does include the Intelligent 4 Wheel Drive which was a $2195 option. Hope the winter snow or rain does not come in to play with either of our deliveries.

Still on track. Dealer delivery set as 7 Days out with arrival estimated on 1/28/2020.

Still on track. Dealer delivery set as 7 Days out with arrival estimated on 1/28/2020.

Talked to my dealer yesterday, mine is still on track for 1-28-2020 but the only possible complication (outside of a train wreck...) is getting it from the freight yard in Denver to the dealer in Colorado Springs. They think they can make sure it'll get put on a truck and sent down quickly, once it arrives at the terminal. Fingers crossed and I have found a nearby hotel with a restaurant and a bar close to the dealership..... :)

TODAY - 1/27/2020 -- My 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid 4WD is at the dealers and being preped. I hope everyone that has been on our extended wait is getting theirs today or very very soon.:party:

TODAY - 1/27/2020 -- My 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid 4WD is at the dealers and being preped. I hope everyone that has been on our extended wait is getting theirs today or very very soon.:party:

EXCELLENT!!!!

Just talked to my dealer as mine was supposed to be there tomorrow but it's still on a rail car in Indiana where it's sat now for over a week...... :(

FINAL UPDATE -- Closed on the vehicle including Ford extended warranty and got to drive home 10 miles after sunset. Ignorance defines my most of my current knowledge, but it really does have a number of new and interesting Bells & Whistles on board. Zeeb, I hope your weight is a short one until final delivery. :crazy:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, but I did get a reasonable price. I wanted a 72-month, 48,000-mile, $0 deductible ESP. I got it from my dealer for $100 less buying directly from Ford. I also was able to pay for it with a credit card I have that gives me 5% back and accumulates for the past 4 years. It can only be used to buy or lease a new vehicle. That coupled with my dealer’s direct discount, Ford's current $3500 incentive in my area and a trade-in at the middle of the high-to-low internet value range for my 2015 Explorer Limited, gave me what I believe was a good bottom dollar cost. I'm certain that there might be other still better bottom lines. But, my 5-month wait is now over.
Thanks peterk9 for the information.:wave:

Back