6 hr sand trap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 hr sand trap

i had a 1996 ford F250 5.8L 5 speed manual longbed reg. cab 4x2 pickup. had i guess they were like 33" buck shot mudders on the back and bf good rich all terrains on the front. the truck did good in light muddin and did a good job at getting dirty. one day me and a friend took it to a creek and was driving all over the place. we were about to go across the creek and something told me it wasn't a good idea being a 2 wheel drive 5k lb truck through a not so shallow creek. so i stopped turned the wheel and tried to go backwards. big mistake. back of the truck sank. now using the same trick that i thought would work to get it out of the mud, made matters worse. truck was sitting on its axle in the sand. had no idea how to get it out and it was getting worse. there was no cell reception to call someone. so we talked about what we should do next. about 5 hours went by and out of no where another friend of mine randomly shows up. he was in is around 88 or so lifted 4x4.the pulled on it and pulled on it and his truck started to go down. so before it was too late for his rig he pulled out to go get his uncle. i guess he had more sense than all of us put together. he let air out of my tires and out of the 4x4's tires. after about an hour or so both trucks were safe back on regular ground.

i could have swore i was gonna have to pull the motor and trans and leave the truck there to rot. had the truck for 2 more years and sold it for $1500 with 277,000 miles on it to a plumber that was gonna use it to haul pipe.

so it will be very unlikely that any vehicle i own will be on sand like that.

Back