• Register Today It's free!

91 radio diagram

Possumz

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer 4x4
I am looking for a diagram of the 91 model radio wiring. I was unable to find it in the search engine. I cant seem to find the illumination wire fore the radio. I could always run it over to the headlight switch. My haynes manua doesnt have a diagram in it for some reason.:usa:l

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this what your looking for

1990-91 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Doors
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Brown/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Black/White

I do believe thats what I need. Now to figure out why I lost power to the radio and aftermarket alarm. Checked my fuses under the dash and they all look fine. Dont know where the fuse is as I dont have the diagram for the fuse box in the vehicle or under the hood. Thanks for the help.
Deron

Did you check the fuse under the hood, there should be a 20 amp fuse that powers both the trailer towing lights and the radio. I don't remember what number it is at the moment.

I believe it is fuse #10. If you pull it and your domelight goes out this is the one.

Another thought is if you find a fuse box layout up to a 94 it is identically the same. If you have time scour the junkyard for an original owners manual (I plucked one from a '93) that sucker has come in handy more than once.

Try this:
0900c1528018efb8.gif

Check and make sure you didnt accidentally unplug a relay for your alarm with your foot. I did that with mine and my truck wouldnt start.

Back