Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

97 Sport Project

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by BogFather, July 23, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. BogFather

BogFather Active Member

City, State:
    Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97 Sport, 91 Samurai
    Ok so i got myself a new to me 97 explorer sport. I put a set of shackles on her the other day and she was raked a bit so i went to tighten & replace the tortion bolts and found that the driver side was already at it's max. Now i can see from the front that the CV's aren't even close to being angled too much, I plan on putting a set of 4dr leafs in her that have already had a full length aal added. Now my question is can i get longer bolts to crank the tortion bars up or should i look into getting a stronger set of tortion bars for it?? And with that being said, are the 4dr tortion bars the same length as the sports?? I have a set of tortion bars and bigger keys in my blue 4dr that i can use if so??

Thanks in advance

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Paraphoe

Paraphoe Go big or go home Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Willow Grove, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '97 XLT