• Register Today It's free!

A4LD 2WD transmission removal.

adquattlebaum

Reaction score
City, State
Cleburne, TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I have a 1994 Explorer 2WD. I'm pulling the tranny. It is 100% disconnected from all points and connectins, however I cannot get it out from under the truck. Do I really need to remove the exaust crossover? Should I be able to lift it up and over the exause? HOW DO I GET THIS D___ THING OUT OF THIS TRUCK? It is manditory I succeed. My wife and I just had our first baby 7 weeks ago and are trying to make it in a 2-seater car. Not working too well. If any live in the Cleburne, Alvararado, Granview area of Texas, and if you want to come over and help, I'd love all attempts! Besides that, I'd love to hear from someone with experience.

Exhaust stuff and the O2 wiring

Hey, I'm new around here and thought I joined a more active forum. Not getting much response to my inquest either, but I think we have figured out the parking prawl thing. I'm used to the Performance Years board and the Pontiac community. Got my trans help there for the Ford.

Anyway, we took out the exhaust pipes, and the cat and muffler too. The hardest part was unplugging and plugging in the harness from the O2 sensors. We had to do this twice, since the junkyard box was a leaker and was replaced by a Salvage unit, with 90 day warranty.

Good luck and get your hands prepared for crazy contortions. The long nose pliers didn't help and I'm not sure if the colorfull language did either, but there sure was a lot of it.

Good luck,
Greg

Back