Adding Mods to Explorer- Base Model | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Mods to Explorer- Base Model

K1200rsport

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I just purchased 11 Explorer Base Model because 1) Couldn't pass on the price 2) Didn't want MFT.
But I want to add following Mods that come on XLT or Limited, please let me knowif it is possible or not.
a) Fog Lamps- if the wiring is there and only thing I buy is Fog lamps and switch.
b) Side mirrors with integrated turn signals.

Any help will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just purchased 11 Explorer Base Model because 1) Couldn't pass on the price 2) Didn't want MFT.
But I want to add following Mods that come on XLT or Limited, please let me knowif it is possible or not.
a) Fog Lamps- if the wiring is there and only thing I buy is Fog lamps and switch.
b) Side mirrors with integrated turn signals.

Any help will be appreciated.

Worst case have an electronis place hook up some aftermarket fog lamps. Side mirrors with turn signals = I would bet the wiring is already there as there are power/electrical connectors for the power mirrors/defrost.

There was a post about the fog lights wiring was there but they had no fog lamps on the base model. I don't know if that was a special occassion or not though.

Im in for the same mods, do they sell the mirrors with the turn signals ?
I had a mazda CX7 a few years ago, and I got the OEM mirror covers with the integrated turn signals on ebay for 57 bucks. Got them painted and installed them.
I wanted to do the same with my explorer.

Im in for the same mods, do they sell the mirrors with the turn signals ?
I had a mazda CX7 a few years ago, and I got the OEM mirror covers with the integrated turn signals on ebay for 57 bucks. Got them painted and installed them.
I wanted to do the same with my explorer.

Saw few on ebay but had scratches, they were OEM, would be nice to just get the covers only

have you ever seen the chrome door handles or maybe just the covers for sale ? Im looking for them but still nothing for the 2011 model on ebay.

The LTD comes with a chrome molding on the bottom part of the doors, ive been looking for that also, with no luck.

Back