• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin...i think i want one

plance1

Reaction score
City, State
cincy ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac
I saw a black one on facebook. Looked really cool. Id like to get a black one with a v8...ive just started checking these out, dont seem to be a lot for sale but maybe im wrong. I currently have an 02 4x4 sport trac thats getting long in the tooth...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

carmax has a good looking black one in cali but its rwd or I might be on it.

Howdy, for my first post, I would like to chime in and say that I bought a '09 Adrenalin V8 this last February and it is everything I could ever hope for. Got her used from a small used lot, really heavy on the miles, 140K. runs and looks great with enough pep to please me, but still look longingly at the supercharging options.

If you already have an ST, the Adrenalin package takes out the option for 4x4 and sticks you with AWD, no choice. Data I have found shows that a little over 6000 Adrenalins were made, with 600 of those being V8. If you can find a V8, in a rare color like red or blue, then covet that baby.

Data I have found shows that a little over 6000 Adrenalins were made, with 600 of those being V8. If you can find a V8, in a rare color like red or blue, then covet that baby.

Not sure if I agree with this. V6 vs V8 - I really don't think mere 10% were V8. Probably closer to 60/40.
Red is certainly not rare, nor is black or silver as they were available each year.
Colors not available the entire run, like white suede or flame blue - those can be hard to find.

One of the places I found this info was here: Old For Sale Site

"Ford actually produced the 'Sport Trac Adrenalin' beginning in 2008. Promised to build a SVT version in 2009 only to completely pull the plug on production Oct. 29, 2010. Since only about 60,000 Sport Tracs were built each year and only about 10% as "Adrenalin" Editions, production turned out to be very low. In fact in V8 form it is written only 660 were built. Since most of those were the V6 version, low mile Adrenalin V8's are extremely hard to come by. "

I think the 660 number is too low, that would mean that 10% of the 10% were V8s for a given year, or 0.5% of all sport tracs were V8 Adrenalins. If it was 660 each year, that's more likely. Meaning that maybe ~1300 were V8 Adrenalin total production.

This site also has some numbers, but only for 2010, being the last year with the lowest sales: Collector Car Info Site
"2008 production numbers - rumored 6,000
2009 production numbers - ??

2010 production numbers -

Blue Flame 572
Silver Metallic. 608
Torch Red 877
Ebony Solid 1,231

Total production 3,288"

If sales decrease linearly from inception till death, and taking the 10% of total sport trac production number for 2008 as being true (it is mentioned twice so far) 2008 = 6000, 2009 = 4644, 2010 = 3288, total production of all Adrenalins = ~14,000.

None of these numbers help with figuring out how many were V8s though. The data for 2010 helps identify that the Blue was in fact less common than any of the colors, with most STAs being black. White was only 2008 I think. Alot of other forums have had discussions trying to nail down the production figures and it is hard to get real info. I guess all it it is mostly speculation, but there are some numbers that keep popping up. It could just be echoing, though. Would be nice to get real data from a dealer or Blue Oval inside person.

A quick AutoTrader search revieled that there are a ton of V8 STAs for sale on the east coast, either black or red.

I knew my white 08 was a rare color but did not know it was not available the entire production run.

When I went to buy one in February 2008 the only ones available were V8's and usually in I believe, Vapor Silver. I wanted a V6 in White or Red. Ford was giving a $4,000
cash rebate and with good credit you could get another $750. I found a loaded Limited V6 in White suede, so I bought it fearing Ford may discontinue their generous offer.
Still have it, 95,000mi. in mint condition and has been a great car. But!, every time I see an Adrenalin, I think of my purchase and think, I wished I looked further and found an Adrenalin...

I always thought there were more Silver STAs, but looks like they are more like Unicorns in the V6 variant.

Back