Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Blend door actuator fixed, then broke again

Discussion in 'Explorer - Ranger Interior Accessories' started by GT2000, July 9, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. GT2000

GT2000 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Explorer V8 AWD
      Callsign:
      Dora the explorer
      So i replaced the blend door actuator (automatic climate control) on the explorer cause it would only blow heat. So i went for a drive, and yay, its blowing fresh air, not heat, after a few minutes of driving (keep in mind it was warm already) it went from fresh air, back to full heat randomly, and suddenly, and will not go back now, i tried unplugging the blend door again, no change.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      B2 Mod
      Since you have the electronic group have you tried a reset and check for codes?
      Anytime you change the bled door motor you have to do a system reset

With the blend door motor off use a dental mirror and flashlight and look at the axleshaft your bled door rides on. Is it cracked? in pieces?