• Register Today It's free!

Blend door actuators

Cassius

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT
I replaced the blend door actuator in the front, still no heat. It’s manual blend door. Replaced it with a Dorman.

Also does anyone know where the actuator for the rear hvac is located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There have been reports of the dormant actuator being wired incorrectly. Dorman is the biggest pile of junk as far as parts go to be honest. If you can pull the actuator again, plug it in and move the controls from cold to hot but if it doesn't move and you have power it is the actuator.

The rear actuators are on the housing itself at the drivers side rear behind the panel. You have to pull the trim and the nuts holding the hvac assembly to the body and pull the ducting away to get to them. They are on the in between the assembly and the body. Internally the actuators are the same, just the shape of the rod is different.

Thanks!
Strange enough it’s working now. Didn’t do anything.

yes that is strange in my experiences vehicles seldom fix themselves

the dorman actuator is troubling. I know from the marauder group which those vehicle are prone to actuator failures that the only viable option is motorcraft. It seems all of those whom has gambled with the parts store knock offs have had to redo it.

There have been reports of the dormant actuator being wired incorrectly. Dorman is the biggest pile of junk as far as parts go to be honest. If you can pull the actuator again, plug it in and move the controls from cold to hot but if it doesn't move and you have power it is the actuator.

The rear actuators are on the housing itself at the drivers side rear behind the panel. You have to pull the trim and the nuts holding the hvac assembly to the body and pull the ducting away to get to them. They are on the in between the assembly and the body. Internally the actuators are the same, just the shape of the rod is different.

i see no text, just the quote. missing your question/comment... but welcome!

Back