• Register Today It's free!

Blower Motor won't shut off!!

randallrayj

Reaction score
City, State
Morristown, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
I have a 1999 EB Explorer with blower motor issues. after searching this forum I thought I had fixed my problem but another one has come up. Let me explain. Last week the blower motor would work on high only. So I determined off this site that it was the automatic control module. So I ordered a new part (aftermarket $80) replaced it and it worked fine for about three days. Now all controls work but if you go to turn the unit off the motor keeps running. Any help would be great. Thank You.

There is a blower motor relay in the power distribution box under the hood.
While the blower is running, tap the blower relay with the handle of a screwdriver. If the blower stops, the relay was stuck closed. They can be disassemble and the contact points cleaned with a needle file, but the problem may return so you might choose to replace the relay.

There is a blower motor relay in the power distribution box under the hood.
While the blower is running, tap the blower relay with the handle of a screwdriver. If the blower stops, the relay was stuck closed. They can be disassemble and the contact points cleaned with a needle file, but the problem may return so you might choose to replace the relay.

Thank you for the response but this did not help. I even switched out two of the
Other relays that were the same and that was no help either.

Any more help would be great. Still no solution.

Back