Canvasback cargo/seat covers - power fold problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canvasback cargo/seat covers - power fold problem

ExplorerCT

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
I recently insatalled Canvasback cargo and seat back covers in my 2013 Exp with power fold seats. First off the Canvasback cover is awesome, with a very nice fit.
My problem is with the power fold third row seats. With the covers installed, the power fold will not operate properly. I tried repositioning several times but nothing seems to work...the seats hang in between settings. I assume the object sensor is "sensing" the extra thickness and stopping the folding sequence. The canvas fabric is very thin, and doesn't seem to be bunching. I'm surpised the sensor is that sensitive. Once removed the seats fold perfectly.

Has anyone else had this issue, or a solutuion?
I did some searches and came up empty.

Thanks.

I don't have the canvasback product, so I can't comment on that. As for a solution, I think taking it off to fold the seats is going to be your best bet :)

I don't have the canvasback product, so I can't comment on that. As for a solution, I think taking it off to fold the seats is going to be your best bet :)

Taking off is not an option. They are held on with velcro. It would trash the carpet after a while. If i can't figure this out, i'm going to return.
Seems crazy though, these are custom made to fit the automatic seats, as opposed to the manual. I can't beleive they would make them if they dont work with the auto mechanism. I'm wondering if the dealer can adjust the sensitivity of the object sensor.

ok, I didn't know about the velcro, that would shread the carpet. I would hesitate to have the sensitivity altered simply because even though you may get them to force themselves closed, it could be putting undo pressure on the motorized mechanisms. I'd hate to think of the repair cost of one of those seats. Like you, I find it interesting that they don't work as they should with the seats they were designed specifically for.

Back