• Register Today It's free!

Ceramic Coated!

ljn21

Reaction score
City, State
Tega Cay, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Had my ST ceramic coated, here is a pic after a week driving and parking outside, with several days of rain, still looking pretty good. Had a local guy do it for me, if anyone is in Charlotte area, highly recommend the guy I used, PM for details. Will be taking my wife's X5 to him in a few weeks for the same treatment. Coating is supposed to last 3 years, he will refresh every 12 free of charge if you bring to him for detail every 6 months. Guy does a great job with the prep work, paint is now in really good shape, feels super slick to the touch even after a week outside. He used Feynlab ceramic products. Cost was right at $1k for the whole car, wheels, trim, windows, interior, etc. all done.

20200202_133534.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really nice

$1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks awesome, please keep us posted on how it holds up

paint is now in really good shape

Pretend I'm completely ignorant...easy if you know me. What do you mean the paint is "now in really good shape"? What was wrong with the brand new paint?

Also, your car looks awesome!

Pretend I'm completely ignorant...easy if you know me. What do you mean the paint is "now in really good shape"? What was wrong with the brand new paint?

Also, your car looks awesome!

Swirl marks from dealer washes and customers brushing up against while it was on the lot, contaminates in the clear, etc. The paint/clear is smooth as silk to the touch now. Ive used a clay bar before but never achieved this level of smooth before. Not sure how many different levels of polish he used after claying but its super smooth now.

Swirl marks from dealer washes and customers brushing up against while it was on the lot, contaminates in the clear, etc. The paint/clear is smooth as silk to the touch now. Ive used a clay bar before but never achieved this level of smooth before. Not sure how many different levels of polish he used after claying but its super smooth now.

I did my ceramic coat, took a whole day to do it right with professional grade products. After ceramic coating it is amazing how slick the surface feels and literally nothing sticks to it. I have 6 months on mine now and it looks as good as day one. Did you get the understanding you have to use a specific car wash soap for the ceramic coating and then a resurface polish specifically for the finish to make it pop after you wash it?

I can't imagine my Rapid Red paint looking any better. Even after it hasn't been washed for weeks it pops and is so glossy. When it rains the water beads like crazy especially on the hood.

I did my ceramic coat, took a whole day to do it right with professional grade products. After ceramic coating it is amazing how slick the surface feels and literally nothing sticks to it. I have 6 months on mine now and it looks as good as day one. Did you get the understanding you have to use a specific car wash soap for the ceramic coating and then a resurface polish specifically for the finish to make it pop after you wash it?

The guy that did mine is supposed to give me a list of what he recommends, need to follow up with him on it. What brand of ceramic coating did you use? My guy said that if the ceramic does its job, no more polishing or claying should be required in the future, just refresh coats of ceramic and topcoat.

The guy that did mine is supposed to give me a list of what he recommends, need to follow up with him on it. What brand of ceramic coating did you use? My guy said that if the ceramic does its job, no more polishing or claying should be required in the future, just refresh coats of ceramic and topcoat.

Correct, no more waxing/polishing. I'm having an additional coat applied once a year for $200 which maintains the exterior.

Also, only use a ph neutral soap (make sure bottle says it) and make sure you dont let sap/bird poo stay on it for more than a few days.

Back