Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Connector set information required to evacuate an R12 A/C

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by djurczik, May 28, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. djurczik

djurczik New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1991 XLT
    Dear folks,

I own a ´91 XLT who still has an R12 A/C according to the stickers under the hood. Since Europe as well as the US has banned the use of R12 years ago I will convert the system to something proper.

In order to service the A/C - or better to evacuate the remaining cooling fluid - the correct connectors to the high and low side are needed. The funny thing is, that I do not find anyone who has the right connectors.

The parts in the Explorer are the identical to those in the following thread.

Can anyone lead me to the right connectors for pressure reading, evacuation and filling.

[​IMG]

low pressure port

[​IMG]

low pressure port

[​IMG]

high pressure port

[​IMG]

high pressure port

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. overripeturnip

overripeturnip New Member

City, State:
    Littleton, CO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    92 Explorer XLT 4x4
    It should be a 7/16" fitting on the low side and a 3/8" fitting on the high side. This should sort things out:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151120832713?_mwBanner=1

If you shop around, you'll no doubt find a kit like that a bit cheaper, but that's essentially the sort of thing you're looking for.

[​IMG]