Cooper Tyres | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cooper Tyres

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that tire size a misprint? if not.. that's a REALLY odd size.

I got these(waiting for my body lift to put them on). They are Cooper Discovery STT's in a 32X11.50X15. I hear they wear good and I got a set with 80% tread left for $300 so I couldn' pass them up.

10614discovererSTT-thumb.jpg

I have the Cooper S/T tires and LOVE them. They are a great off road tire, although are getting a bit noisy on road. Since they are so aggressive, I figured they would make noise. Check them out here on my pictures site:

http://community.webshots.com/album/152702960kYkCXi/0

Fourdownunder said:
Thinking of buying some Cooper tyres for my X.
Has anyone used these tyres before, what about 39x9.5x15 has anyone tried this size.
Thanx
Im assuming you mean 30x9.50's? :p

yeah i saw those the other day. look really good.

james.. anything special about those? (james builds tires at cooper for those that don't know)

jasonb said:
james.. anything special about those? (james builds tires at cooper for those that don't know)

I heard the ones on his shift smell like beer

yeah i worked with some people who have tryed em on thier nissan said they were quite good

Wooops!! James t

:confused:
james t said:
Im assuming you mean 30x9.50's? :p

Sorry about that I got a bit carried away, yer thats the size, got any info :rolleyes:

terdrocket said:
I heard the ones on his shift smell like beer

Well no SH$T, I'm gonna have to look into that :thumbsup: Hopefully its got a budweiser smell to it :D
bb_1_b.jpg

rfuree11 said:
New sizes are coming. That is the new STT... slowly replacing the old STT design. For whatever reason, we still dont have the molds yet for the 33 and 35x12.50's (the most popular sizes :rolleyes: ). Same tire as the old STT, just new design. Supposed to work alot better in mud, and not howl on the street as much after 10k miles.... old STT's get loud as **** after they get worn in. Ive seen some 33x12.50x15's in the new style in the lab...... but yall arent supposed to know that because im not supposed to be in there. ;) :p

Fourdownunder- We make many different styles of the Discoverer. STT, AT, ST, etc. etc. It all depends on what you are going to use them for the most. I wouldnt run the STT's on a daily driver that would never see offroad..... and i wouldnt run the ATR on a mud bogger. Tell me what type of driving you will be using them for the most and maybe i can help you pick a set.

Here is the main page to all the Discoverers---
http://www.coopertire.com/us/en/ltTruckSegment.asp

James you know where I can still get some (order) Discovery STT's from, I can't find the damn things anywhere online :confused:

One more question, i'll just ask here instead of starting a thread, backspacing on rims, is there much of a difference in 3 1/4, 3 3/4 and 3 5/8 ??? Help the noob

there is about 1/2" difference in the three total. :D

jasonb said:
there is about 1/2" difference in the three total. :D

Sweet thank you ;)

Back