• Register Today It's free!

door latch

arch stanton

Reaction score
City, State
hollady utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL
the door opens from the inside of car "xl manual door locks" but not outside. i can hear something rattleing around so i take it apart and find a thin rod just dangling. i think it bolts on to something? anyway i am trying to fix it anybody have a diagram of a lock system on a 93 xl?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it's held on by a plastic clip...it's a dealer item for about a buck....

yeah i figured that out i tried to post a picture. do you have any advice or tricks on the repair? the hard thing is the plastic part broke half off in a hole so i have to dig that out somehow.

have you ever heard of these breaking before?

they are common especially after a number of years...but they last a good 10-15 years plus...these are on all the doors and also tailgates...as for getting it out, i would try to poke it thru or cut it with something, good luck...

Arch Stanton. Wasn't that a charactor in the Movie ; The Good The Bad and the Ugly?

Could you tell me what the part number is for the little plastic clip? I need a few of them.

i'm not sure of the different numbers but the ford dealer will know automatically and they usually have plenty in stock...

i got a new one at the dealer and they charged me 8 bucks!!!! for a piece of plastic dont have part number the guy just grabbed one without looking it up.

i got a new one at the dealer and they charged me 8 bucks!!!! for a piece of plastic dont have part number the guy just grabbed one without looking it up.

Thats funny, I just called a local Ford dealership. I explained what it was to him and he knew what it was. He told me it is part number 21952 and it costs $4.42+tax. He said they have a lot of them on the shelf. I'll swing by sometime later to pick it one up and confirm these details.

wow, 4.42 is still alot for that clip...i must admit i am a regular pain in the arse at the local ford dealership since every truck i have or had has different stock parts than what shows came with them...ford built them that way, not me...and they must just sell them to me cheap just to get me out the door quickly...

Back