driveline bolts almost fell out!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

driveline bolts almost fell out!!!

redneckex

Reaction score
recently(staring abot a month and a half ago) i started noticing a clunk when acclerating and declerating. also when at a speed and you punch gas and let off a loud thump is heard. i though this was the u-joints but i checked them and didnt notice any problems. i have been sdriving it for a week and noticed it has gotten worse. i took it to my firned who also happens to be a mechanic and we put if in the lift and started checking everything. we couldnt find anything unitl we started looking at the driveline bolts!! the were almost threaded the whole way out. SO LOOSE I COULD SPIN THEM WITH MY FINGERS!!! THe funny thing is that the bolts have never been touched, so im not sure why they became loose and the factory loctite broke??
SOLUTION:: locktite and torqued them down.
he said that maybe a couple more days or a week and i would have had holes through my floor and who knows what else would have happened.
IF YOU HAVE THIS NOISE DEFFINETLY CHECK THESE BOLTS WHEN YOU TRY TO LOCATE WHAT IS WRONG!!!

Back