draft

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mounty Sport
turndown2.jpeg

Yes, the truck is low. I had my shop cut off all my pipes from the cats back, replace all the piping with new 2.5", and tip it after the muffler with a new Flow 40, and dumped my old ones. Sounds great, about 10000x louder in the cab, g/f is going to kill me, no biggie I guess.

My old setup:

akmod1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Schweet. I demand sound files. Also, isn't it kinda bad to dump an exhaust under the truck, as all the gases get caught up under there? My dad keeps telling me this, but I see so many people do it. I want to dump mine as well, because I want the look of no tips, but don't want the harmful effects of it if there are any.

lol, everyone says that. Mine is dumped about a foot before the rear axle on the sport, just under the rear 50/50 bench in the back where the middle windows are. I just don't open those anymore. When sitting at idle in the morning, you might get some gases, but it's not as bad as they make it seem.

Sound files when I can find something good to record with, don't want the rumble distorting it ;)

Awsome! I got alot of fumes in mine when I had duals. I had them straight out the back, and it some how recirculated it. Hey, I'm still here, maybe a few less brain cells, but I'm here ;)

Do the exhaust gases have any effect on parts under the truck, like if you have a dumped exhaust? Cause if they don't, and the only thing I'm affecting is my brain cells, then I think I'll go ahead and dump it :D

My exhaust is dumped and I get no fumes inside the cab.

Since your engine still seems kinda new I dont think there is anything to worry about with the fumes.

A kleen X like that should not pump out too much carbon monoxide, since complete combustion should be happening in the engine.

I think its mostly bad older engines that produce the stuff.

Also if your catalitic converter is still on that may help some too.

The only (and biggest) downside to all of this is the inside drone. My gf is about to kill me already. We'll see what happens. :p

draft said:
The only (and biggest) downside to all of this is the inside drone. My gf is about to kill me already. We'll see what happens. :p

Get louder speakers :D then you don't have to hear the *****ing.. well atleast inside the car lol

huskyfan23 said:
My exhaust is dumped and I get no fumes inside the cab.
How about when you have your heater on and fan on high? Doesn't it suck air from under the hood? I get this but its not fume from my truck its fume from the vehicle in front of me. :( Dumping it under might just make it worse.

I don't know about any other states, but here in WI state troopers will give ya a ticket for the exhaust not extending past the body line.

Yeah, it's completely illegal. Here in CA, the law is it has to be passed the cab, but I've heard it has to dump after the rear axle, but I'm about a foot or more before it. Honestly, it rumbles like a V8, I have never heard an Explorer (V6 none the less) sound like this ever. I'm broken between the results, but it just sounds awesome. :p

draft said:
Yeah, it's completely illegal. Here in CA, the law is it has to be passed the cab, but I've heard it has to dump after the rear axle, but I'm about a foot or more before it. Honestly, it rumbles like a V8, I have never heard an Explorer (V6 none the less) sound like this ever. I'm broken between the results, but it just sounds awesome. :p

AAHH No it's not legel! :nono: Not that anyone will get you for it though :rolleyes: Just sit in some of our traffic for awile and breath deeply :p

If it was a pick up you'd be fine.

Back