• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust System

Jack.McHale49

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 2Dr 4.0 Explorer
Im looking to get a new exhaust system for my X (1996 2dr 4.0 RWD)

I want it to be loud and have that classic flo master purr (maybe getting a flomaster) But i want it to boost my performance even if its by 1HP.

Fitting wont be a problem, my dad is a mechanic.

Please guys. any ideas will be helpful, i will pay up to around 400 US Dollars.

I just have no idea what to look for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im looking to get a new exhaust system for my X (1996 2dr 4.0 RWD)

I want it to be loud and have that classic flo master purr (maybe getting a flomaster) But i want it to boost my performance even if its by 1HP.

Fitting wont be a problem, my dad is a mechanic.

Please guys. any ideas will be helpful, i will pay up to around 400 US Dollars.

I just have no idea what to look for.

LOTS of exhaust threads in the archives. This forum has been around for a long time too so snoop around with one or both of our SEARCH engines. I'd use OHV, V6, and EXHAUST as search terms and you should be golden. Good luck and welcome to the best Explorer resource on the planet.

Go with duals...

Go with duals...

And carry a spare on your roof? :rolleyes:

I just got back from a road trip all through the midwest. Without a full sized spare underneath, I would have been screwed after my driver's side front tire died in Hayward, WI late on a Saturday afternoon. The local tire guy pulled out the spare, mounted the good tire on my alloy rim. Sold me a used tire for my spare rim. Balanced, new stems etc. Charged me $40 and I was in and out in 45 minutes. He laughed at my predicament if I would have had a "donut" for a spare, or worse off no spare.

I flat out refuse to drive around with a spare on my roof. To each his/her own. I see the logic with offroading, but to add duals just because they look cool and add no performance increase is beyond me. Like I said, to each his/her own, both on your choice of exhaust and the decision to carry a tire on your roof.

Back